Update of mpg and adjustments.

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

Thanks, Dave; didn't mean to be a smartarse! . I'm not that clever myself - as I said, I use a multi-conversion App which can do all the usual fuel consumption conversions.
I perhaps should have added with regard to the fuel consumption on my Qq that I've never turned the aircon off. Summer or winter, I leave the conditioning on & just turn the temp up or down, as required. Luckily, it's dual, as my wife invariably has her side a couple of degrees warmer than mine!
QQ Tekna 1.6cdi 4x4 Blanco Perlado, chrome bling, LHD.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Buelligan, Not a problem I was just wrong ! We run our QQ similiar to you AC always "On" & adjust the Temps as required except the Boss has her side turned down colder than me - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Aforementioned faulty sensor replaced today. Fuel economy had dropped to 43.7mpg. On the way home from the dealer I was back up to 52.2mpg. Many thanks to the member here who advised me about the correct fix! :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Just to let you all know the car has been in and out of the garage a few times. This morning I went to pick the car up from the garage again and have been told that problems have all been sorted out.
Firstly the problem with the parking sensors going off now and again is due to water on the front camera lens. I was told that if I globule of water gets onto the front camera it sets the parking sensors off. My reply on this was he was talking BS. I stated that it looks as if I had been sold a car for dry weather use only.
Second on the agenda was low mpg. When I handed the car over to the dealer it had around 3/4 tank full of fuel and it was reading 336 miles available till empty. The dealer took it for a trip of around fifty miles to check mpg. Where I was getting around 34mpg the dealer on his return stated that he got over 60mpg and the dash read that there was available over 600 miles on just under 3/4 of a tank and he had not filled it up at all. He has stated that its the way I drive it as I might be heavy on accelerating. I asked him if that would nearly halve the mpg and his answer was yes. Again I suggested a load of BS.
Third and lastly was the Stop/Start system Failure warning appearing now and again. He stated that they checked and found 'Replace Battery' code stored. So they replaced the battery. Its funny that this code has only just appeared as back on the 27/11/15 they told me that there was no code but they charged battery over night.
The one thing I cannot understand is the read out on the dash automatically jumping from 336 miles to over 600 by driving the car from Kings Lynn to Ely and back, round trip of 50miles.
I think this has been the last time I use West's of Lynn for any repairs or adjustments. I will be seeking another dealer in the area.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The garages replies are feasible. I have driven 10 or so miles and the mileage countdown has only gone down by 1 mile.
switchback

Post by switchback »

The one thing I cannot understand is the read out on the dash automatically jumping from 336 miles to over 600 by driving the car from Kings Lynn to Ely and back, round trip of 50miles.
Kings Lynn to Ely and back............................probably all on the dead flat A10. Easy to get good fuel consumption figures on that journey and enough to increase the range significantly, although nearly doubling it would be hard unless the car had been used around town on stop start trips beforehand.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hi gvmdaddy
Just one quick question, you state that 'garage replies are feasible'. So you think that the read out for miles till empty could go from 366 to over 600 in a 50mile run without filling up tank. Yes I have seen this readout change one or two miles but this is the first time I knew it could double+ on a 50 mile trip.
I still feel that I was given a load of BS by dealer.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

With not going to our holiday home for some weeks and only using the QQ for short town journeys to the supermarket etc. around 13 miles, I noticed that the daily fuel average dropped to around 31/34mph each drive and the projected fuel to empty was around 380 iles.

However 2 recent 120 mile journey's on out of town roads showed the daily average consumption back to around 43mph and the projected fuel to empty had risen to 445, so the computer is obviously calculating the projected fuel usage from the type of driving you are doing based on an average
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

my 4 mile commute to work in the morning gives me about 32 mpg. Return journey about 48mpg. 30mph A roads

It's very sensitive to throttle position / load / speed - can do 60+ (highest I've got is 68.9) on mid-speed (50mph) A roads and drops to 40ish on motorways (75 ish)

when I first had it it read 620 odd on a tankfull, now it's typically 400. For the last few weeks I've been driving with the centre display on MPG trip 1 so it gives me real-time readings

I'd say the garage did a few stops on that 50 mile journey, so that the average over the last 3 or 5 journeys (however it works it out) was in the high 50's to bring it back to near-factory figures

1.5 DCI N-TEC + 65 plate, 6300 miles - and I won't be getting another