Towing

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
catnash

Post by catnash »

Same here. Went with the dealer as covered by a better warranty. Towed a trailer to the tip. With bikes on a Thule rack is what mine was for.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.

ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Good to hear the 1.2 can cope with 750kg as mine will be arriving with a detatchable towbar for occasional trips to the tip with a small trailer.

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

We have a 2014 1.5dci Tekna, we tow our caravan around the country and it performs brilliantly, wasn't expecting it to be as good only being a 1.5 but was presently surprised by its performance. We tow a 1200kg caravan.
Davefc

Post by Davefc »

I have a 1.6 Tekna 2015. We bought a caravan and had to change the car order from the 1.2 petrol to 1.6 diesel. I was impressed, its the first time i towed and the car did very well. No signs of a struggle on hills etc and returned 39 MPG after a 180-mile round trip. Sadly sold the van as made redundant.

IMG_0225.jpg

Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera
Mutleymania

Post by Mutleymania »

I have the 1.6 Teckna that I use to tow my new caravan & wondered as I'm new to towing - having bought the caravan 8/12 after I bought the car - if anyone has any experience of towing caravans with the QQ?
My previous car an 08 2.2 Rav 4 - would have been perfect but as it was starting to develop problems & traded it in for the more economical QQ. The only downside of the QQ is the small boot now that we try & keep the caravan weight down a bit.
Any advice is appreciated
1.6 dCi Teckna (panoramic) 5dr Black, leather, fixed Nissan towbar. 17" alloys. 65 plate.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If you've towed before then just drive as before. The engine torque will be different but tgats something you'll have to learn through use. Driving style is no different, just drive within tge cars calabilities, no more no less.
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

my 1.2 petrol automatic tows very well - small 750kg van - no problems .

the 1.6 diesel should be fine .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
Mutleymania

Post by Mutleymania »

Thanks guys
1.6 dCi Teckna (panoramic) 5dr Black, leather, fixed Nissan towbar. 17" alloys. 65 plate.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm an experienced caravanner and tow a Coachman Pastiche 560/4, weighing in around 1500kg. MTPLM is 1630kg. That's about 100% of the weight of my QQ. I get about 30mpg towing and close to 60mpg if i take it easy non towing. The car pulls all this weight quite easily, although steep hills can slow us down some. The best thing i have on the van & recommend to everyone, is the auto stabilisation feature (AL-KO ATC), it has come on a couple of times now even though the car felt very stable at the time, it was always on very bumpy roads when we were travelling about 30mph each time. ATC is progressive, so only brakes van as hard as needed and no more.

AWD helps a lot, especially in the wet pulling away from junctions / roundabouts and also going on wet grass etc. I always feel smug when I can reply that im AWD and wont rip up your grass sir/madam ;)

AL-KO ATC system its great. Thats my recommendation.
Mutleymania wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:32 pm I have the 1.6 Teckna that I use to tow my new caravan & wondered as I'm new to towing - having bought the caravan 8/12 after I bought the car - if anyone has any experience of towing caravans with the QQ?
My previous car an 08 2.2 Rav 4 - would have been perfect but as it was starting to develop problems & traded it in for the more economical QQ. The only downside of the QQ is the small boot now that we try & keep the caravan weight down a bit.
Any advice is appreciated
Mutleymania

Post by Mutleymania »

Many thanks - I'll have a look at the system. My van weight is less than yours & I found the car bumpy almost bobbles. I think that more to with us not loading the van as well as we could do & the weight being uneven