One week old Good Bad

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Collected my new QQ on 4 March from Salisbury.The goodNo real surprises as I had a long test drive in salesmans identical car.Very pleased with the seat and overall comfort. One of the main reasons for buying was to help with dodgy back. All the electronics appear to work well and I am impressed with Sat Nav and general display system. Took me a little while to go through all the available setting. Including getting some confidence in the park assist. Blue tooth connected phone ok, never had one of these before.Just filled up for second time and MPG works out at 45.2 MPG over 424 miles.Total mileage so far 683 miles.The BadTook car back to garage on 11 March after noticing a lot of juddering when accelerating slowly on light throttle opening. Appears to do this on a variety of speeds. Road tested with garage technician. Juddered once noticeably then difficult to make it do it again. Poor roads to do a road test in the area but accepted it needed to be checked out and appointment made for next Friday.Very disappointed this should happen. Thought Nissan had sorted this problem on this years models. Have looked at the forum for similar problems and they have given me an insight on how to handle this.Any further advice or reports on faults with this model would be much appreciated.Regards to allTerry
July 2015 1.6 dCi Tekna 130 Xtronic Gun Metallic

Luton Driver

Post by Luton Driver »

You have bought the automatic so you should not be surprised about having issues with the gearbox if you have been following the engine & drivechain section of this forum.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Moved to review section :)
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Luton unfortunatly not everyone reads this forum or any others prior to purchasing. I had my cvt for 9 months prior to finding this site, I only looked for it becouse I was concerned obout some problems and wondered if others had had similar issues. With hindsight I wish I had found the site earlier, however my previous QQ had been an excellent car and as I was an early purchaser I doubt there would have been much info around. In this day and age I dont think that it is unreasonable to expect that a major manufacture will produce reliable cars and if they have issues will resolve them asap ( as I belive Nissan did with many of the earlier versions of the QQ)
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

I agree with Grocer Jack.It is more than reasonable to assume Nissan had dealt with cvt gearbox problems by know.Easy to look back and say what we should have done but positive comments and opinions to help forum members are always welcome and I am sure well read.I will post any updates on the review forum after car has been back to garage on Friday.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

One good thing is the fact that problems with the CVT are well documented and Nissan have produced several software updates so neither they or the dealers are going to go down the road of saying they have never come across this problem before. Having said that, it is disappointing that the problems persist in a brand new car straight out of the factory.Good luck with getting it all sorted Terry and do keep us updated.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Good to read a sensible thread on this (non-alarmist). There's no doubt there have been some problems but none of us seem to know how many cars with CVT have been sold. Without such figures, generalised assumptions are of little value. Anyway good to see that you are prepared to give them a chance and hopefully you'll soon join those of us who don't have an issue.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Thanks to all for guidance and support.Dealership has loaned me a 1.2 petrol QQ xtronic.I advised them I was not using the car and they brought the date forward to take mine in.Loan car drives perfectly with very smooth transmission and no faults that I can see. Bit underpowered compared with the 1.6 Dci but I am sure would be ok for a lot of customers.Sent an e-mail to Nissan Customer Service asking for some guidance and also if they are still having trouble with some 2015 model CVT's.Will post an update when I hear from the dealership and Nissan Service.RegardsTerry
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I wonder if this story relates to CVT too?Nissan are mentioned-http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2 ... 2015-03-20 20:45:12
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Just a quick follow up as promisedcall from dealership today. They have been testing with computer/diagnostic kit connected and sending the results to Nissan technical.The result is that Nissan want to see vehicle for themselves and are visiting dealer in Salisbury on Monday.Initial thoughts had been fuel system not transmission problems and they appear to have hinted this could result in a change or update to other vehicles as well.Not sure I am very happy about my new car being used as a test platform but need to allow them opportunity to put right.Already advised dealer I have taken legal advice as a back up for action if this is not satisfactorily resolved fairly soon.Hope this is the correct forum to post these follow ups.Regards to allTerry