One week old Good Bad

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Nice one Terry, hope all goes well, keep us posted.
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK

simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Terry i visited salisbury to organise a test drive and found them useless in the extrene. I know this isnt helping with your car but i thought id pass on the message to any other future QQ owner.....avoid salisbury ans southampton. Basingstoke were the best dealership i found.
Simmo
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Thanks for your message about the quality of service from Salisbury Westover Nissan.I must admit I have avoided making too much of a negative opinion about the Salisbury branch until I see what the result of the factory technicians visit is on Monday.They all appear polite and friendly but I have had to chase up for paper work and still waiting for an invoice or guarantee record for the safeguard treatment I bought.I've also never had a sales invoice just the hand written order detailing the Nissan finance pack I agreed to to get the £2000 discount as an existing customer. I had to chase them up for a copy of this.I took a long time to decide on this vehicle and when I arranged for a test drive late last year they phoned me to say car had not been returned and to make a new date. As they did not contact me again I only visited again in January and must admit salesman was very good and organised a trial immediately.They have loaned my a QQ automatic while this is going on.Hope I do not have to follow up my messages to the forum by saying in my opinion do not buy a QQ 1.6 diesel xtronic Nissan and do not use Salisbury.Terry
July 2015 1.6 dCi Tekna 130 Xtronic Gun Metallic
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Well it's nearly a month now and had my new car for first 2 weeks only.Salisbury dealership has been very co-operative and firstly loaned me the 1.2 petrol xtronic and today changed it for a 1.6 Dci auto with 4000 miles on clock to be kept until mine is fixed.Two technicians from the factory and two representatives from the CVT gearbox suppliers attended as arranged yesterday and confirmed it is a gearbox fault. ( not fuel as suspected by garage).The service manager told me they printed out a load of data on their diagnostic test sheets and indicated to him they were concerned that any of their new gearboxes had developed a fault and immediately made the decision to replace it, they also said the box was going back to the factory for a complete investigation as to what has gone wrong.New gearbox delivery date a week Thursday.The two loan cars behave very well. Both very smooth to drive with no faults that I can see other than the 1.2 petrol is noticeably down on power compared to the 1.6 Diesel Tekna.The seats and ride comfort does feel better on the 1.6 and is the best car I have driven for a long time.A real bonus for those of us with a dodgy back. Quite a price difference between the two so should be fair about model difference.Would I recommend a Nissan QQ to anyone? On my experience a QQ without any faults is a lovely car. If I keep hearing about this years models with major faults I would advise don't buy one and certainly do homework about the cvt models.Will post update in a few weeks time.Terry
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Well done Terry, very balanced. As earlier I truly do hope that all ends well, for everyone concerned.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Hi Terry, glad to hear it is getting sported now but very concerned that it appears there are still problems with the CVT boxes. Don't want to tempt fate but l have had mine now for 4 months and done 3500 miles without any issues. Will be very intetesting to see what the results of their investigations are and whether they do any more recalls. Hope you don't have too long to wait until you get the car back. Please keep us posted.
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Just to finalise my review of buying a new Nissan QQHad the car back two days now with its new gearbox. All appears ok and is driving very smoothly and is now ticking all the boxes of what I wanted and expected of the New QQ with an automatic box.Have driven 4 new QQ cvt now (including my own). The demo and loan cars have all performed excellently. The 1.2 petrol would not be for me due to the fuel consumption and the lower available power. The last loan car was fitted with the light bars under the cills. I know some owners like these but I found for me (with the dodgy back) this made a slight stretch to get my legs out to the ground and I noticed both myself and my wife were polishing the dirt off with our trousers.Took friends out in back of car. They were impressed at the amount of room and felt it was a roomy family car.My current Mpg is down to 40.7 calculated on todays fill up. However I think it will be much better than that in the future. The garage did 60 miles on road testing. I had asked them to make sure and give it a good road test.The Service Manager told me the gearbox was being taken to Japan for investigation ( even though I understand its was a europen manufacture) and that they had carried out a connect unit update. Something to do with DAB radio I think.The two loan cars both lost radio function for a while whilst tuned in to FM but came back on after restart.Quite pleased with Westover Nissan support during this time, especially in providing automatic QQs for me.Any further problems I will post under the appropriate forum headings.Regards to allTerry
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, good to hear that you now have your Auto QQ back and are pleased with the results. It must be nice now to have a car that you had paid good money for that works to your satisfaction. Even the comments on the Dealer were positive. The point you made about the Under Sill Lights is a good point for the "Oldies" also people with medical problems to bear in mind, I found exactly the same problem in my brothers Audi Q7 with Steps - enjoy your time with the QQ - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

The CVT is made by JATCO, a Japanese company; more likely made in their Mexico plant these days.They supply many car manufacturers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D