Acenta Prem - rattles rattles rattles!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="iceman GR"]Unfortunately it is not only the air box rattle but tens of other small rattles and sounds from the side doors, the console etc that are non excusable for a brand new car. Even the key ring rattles ! I had a ride yesterday with a brand new Octavia and it sounded great. No rattles, nothing at all. How stupid of me not checking out that one too. As far as the network is concerned the are probably willing to check any sound coming from the engine following technical instructions or experience from other French cars but when it comes to sounds from the inside they don't care at all. [/QUOTE]
I find this very hard to believe, given that I have one that is completely and absolutely 100% rattle free. I have also seen the car being built and the way it is built, with multiple stations being responsible for their individual jobs, meaning that if there are multiple rattles, then multiple assembly and sub-assembly stations must have screwed up in turn on the same vehicle. Most of the assembly jobs might require dexterity and speed by the operative but the jobs are essentially fairly idiot-proof, in that the parts have been designed for easy, quick assembly with minimal chance of misassembly or sloppy work. The result is a consistently high assembly quality with minimal assembly-related warranty rectification across the fleet. This is not a Morris Marina.For goodness' sake, if your key rattles, rearrange your keyring so that it doesn't.
Quacker2015-02-22 18:52:34

questy

Post by questy »

I have had my car for 7 months now and by my previous posts its clear to see that I am unhappy with this car , I totally agree with iceman the Qashqai is full of rattles in fact my dealer who looked at my car last week told me that its the worst car for rattles that Nissan have made. If anyone has a rattle free car they are very lucky ,drive with the radio on all the time, or need a trip to get their ears tested!
Deleted User 1571

[quote="questy"]
I have had my car for 7 months now and by my previous posts its clear to see that I am unhappy with this car , I totally agree with iceman the Qashqai is full of rattles in fact my dealer who looked at my car last week told me that its the worst car for rattles that Nissan have made. If anyone has a rattle free car they are very lucky ,drive with the radio on all the time, or need a trip to get their ears tested! [/QUOTE]
I've ridden in several, but all sold since Sept 2014, and all rattle free. It could very well be that they addressed a few issues of the design over the Summer shut-down. I don't think there is luck involved apart from my luck in not buying an early one maybe. Mind you, I've had several cars before that were rattle free for months before annoying ones started. My Fiat Panda was one. Some rattles and zizzes come and go. Some come and stay. My Land Cruiser was completely silent for years but over the last three it has one in the dash and a creak in the door casing. It is nearly 17 years old, which may not help. Meanwhile I'm crossing my fingers that the Qashqai will remain totally hushed for half as long.
Quacker2015-02-22 21:44:01
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

My new QQ J11 started developing rattles only a few weeks after purchase. No matter how many people post saying "my 1, 2, or 3 year old Audi/VW/Toyota" developed rattles, is it even remotely comparable.Thankfully I managed to source most of them as outlined earlier in this thread, no thanks to Nissan CS or my dealer.One thing my dealer did tell me was that the airbox rattle was a very, very common fault on the 1.5DCi. bare in mind that so many people on this forum had/have this issue (see this very thread). Now multiply that by the massive number of people who don't visit forums. It's simply inexcusable that over one year after production began, we still get people posting they have the airbox rattle on new/newish QQs.While I would not call myself as unlucky as Iceman GR I have no doubt for one second he tells the truth. I have had the car 3.5 months and it does excel in many areas, quality control and build quality would not be one of those areas.
MJCQQ2015-02-22 23:41:20
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Almost all of the new qashqais have rattles. This is a fact and is due to poor quality control and poor material used to cut costs. Whether these rattles are annoying depend on the tolerance of each driver, the driver's ear and whether listening to music while driving.
Compared to other modern cars this is unacceptable especially when some of these sounds and rattles disappear when the car is warmed up after it is left in the sun for a while ( a car needing a sun tan to operate properly is beyond my understanding)
My humble Yaris diesel has developed no rattles since I bought it in January 2014 and my children and wife don't respect it at all.
A new Octavia I saw yesterday had no rattle at all.
Nissan should issue TSB s for all these and urge their network to make every effort to fix them. DIY is unacceptable for brand new cars that in most cases cost a lot of hard earned money (and certainly more than they are worth), even though I highly doubt it since they still sell a lot based on the success of the previous model.
For me this was my first Nissan and certainly my last. I just hope I could sell it without losing more than 4000 euros.
By the way I was trying to cut some of my loss by asking Nissan to cancel my warranty extension and giving me a refund and they refused saying that the warranty extension is non revocable (even though the terms and conditions state nothing) and follows the car even if it is sold. Has anyone tried that I the uk? What is the policy there? Being a lawyer I was thinking of getting the local representative to court but I just want to know if this a global policy or not.
iceman GR2015-02-23 08:14:37
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I can't agree with Quacker that quality control is high. It is well known that Nissan have been running flat out to keep up with demand (even catch up) and this will always cause a drop in quality. However, this is not unique to Nissan. BMW have had a lot of problems with rattles and even have a databAse of recordings which technicians can listen to and try to identify the rattle. This will then tell them what is causing this particular rattle and how to fix it. So a top end German brand has this problem but applies typical German efficiency to trying to solve the problem. Perhaps Nissan should take note.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 1571

Running the line flat out is and has always been the case. They have run one car every 60 seconds off the line for several years and apart from running longer shifts or extra shifts they always strive to run at full speed. It is a factory and run for maximum efficiency. Every station on the line is designed to occupy the operatives fully for some 50 seconds with 10 set for any problem and changing over to the next vehicle.The way they design the vehicle, the attachments and the joins and materials should all be geared at maximum refinement for the passengers. None of the passengers in my Qashqai can hear a single rattle. There isn't any.I did have one in the Honda which I traced to a loose panel under the steering column. Easily sorted. It has a couple at the moment due to, not the car, but various items I have in the back and door pockets, but they don't count.My Juke only ever had one 'knock' in the back on rough roads, traced to the rear seat which needed a good thump down on its attachment points to eliminate. That took me a couple of weeks, of and on, to find. Oh, and it did have a vibration at idle at one point which I sorted with a cable tie. That only took five minutes, which is why I forgot all about it until now.Honestly, I have been driven in two or three other recent Qashqai and not one rattled inside.If earlier ones had common rattles, like the air cleaner or intake trunking, they should really have been sorted by now either by the dealer, if the customer had been back, the customer if he/she has the wherewithal, or on the production line for newer vehicles. Same goes for any other common issues, whatever they might be.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Some cars rattle the others don't. Those rattling are therefore discussed about here and therefore we try to help those owners to fix it. We shouldn't keep saying mine doesn't and yours also can't rattle.Dealers are not always patient to find it out and if you are still bringing in with the same rattle they could not fix, they get annoyed by your complaints and then they usually do more harm then fix. That's my personal experience, therefore I feel for those that are complaining and are mad because of that. I was as well
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Qash

Post by Qash »

When the garages are looking for noise, the cars are usually warm and my car has noise only when it is cold outside and inside the car. And they do not trust my word, and therefore they do not take the car in for repair.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="Qash"]When the garages are looking for noise, the cars are usually warm and my car has noise only when it is cold outside and inside the car. And they do not trust my word, and therefore they do not take the car in for repair.
[/QUOTE]
This matches my experience as well. If the dealer doesn't hear it they refuse to accept my "word" on the matter. This is the case with quite a few dealers including Audi, VW, BMW and I can understand they can't fix what they can't hear/see. Though this is going off topic slightly. This thread is about Nissan and what happens with other dealers/cars is not a valid excuse to cut Nissan some slack. The airbox rattle has affected a disproportionately high number of the 1.5DCi QQ J11s. This and other little QC issues has had me doubting build quality since my first few weeks of ownership. While I don't expect perfection, my opinion and experience is that the build quality of the J11 ranges from poor to average. I'm not talking about drive quality, equipment levels or refinement. All of these are excellent. Just overall build quality can be improved.