Auto Express QQ Long term review

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... an-qashqai West London Motors Group's appalling attitude highlighted, as experienced by someunlucky forum members too; strange their slogan is "Famous for keeping our promises!".
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, some nice early morning reading - Thanks for that ! It is good to read an English Report and I must say a very positive one for the QQ, again pointing out what a good buy it is and with very few gliches mentioned. Again it is a shame for Nissan that the NCS side of things lets them down so much, surely by now this must have been noticed by Nissan Management - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes thanks for that and good reading. As Dave says it has again highlighted Nissan's weakness in their dealer back up.I wonder if there is a way we could somehow get Nissan Head Office attention to the doubts we all seem to have regarding back up, perhaps a new thread relating to issues with dealers/service only and then forwarding the link directly to Nissan Head Office when we have enough to worry them enough to look into it.....Any ideas?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel

Post by Gel »

No harm in tweeting Nissan UK & EU with URL for this thread jonceebeee.Didn't you fit new horns too?; has your dealer done your FEB s/ware update OK as a matter of interest?(My fitting of them blamed by dealer for preventing s/ware update working).Makes you wonder if others who've hard wired dash cams, had non Nissan auto window closing/mirror folding kit, will have similar grief? Links:https://twitter.com/Nissan (UK)https://twitter.com/NissanEurope (EU)https://twitter.com/NissanIreland (Eire)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes Gel it should be interesting when it goes in for the updates on the 23 Jan. I have Piaa Horns, a dash cam, ACES Folding Mirror kits, and LED's in all internal lights.I still can't see how any can affect the upgrades as non are routed through a can bus wiring system and will never show up faults, but I will let everybody know the outcome.I notice from the other QQ forum Duncho (Daniel) has just had the updates done, he has all these add on's fitted plus even more modifications and he has not reported any failure in updating the software.
jonceebee2015-01-10 17:29:16
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel

Post by Gel »

Thanks for info; my Dealer claims horns are "linked" via the BCM*, which seems to be a "Get Out Of Jail" card when there are issues.My horns use the 2 original horns connection leads, as yours probably does.*If any electrical experts can confirm/ deny, would be appreciated After I had horns fitted I had no issues; the Chassis Fault message only became evident, after attempting 'FEB' s/ware fix at dealers. I am assured Chassis Fault message is nothing to worry about
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, as Jon has mentioned with his modifications we are "All Sailing in the same Boat". I have changed all the Internal and No. Plate Lights to LED's. I have installed the LED Footwell Lighting (Nissan Wired it up). I had the Hella Horns changed from the Juke to the QQ (Nissan). The Nissan Auto Mirror Kit was fitted and modified to Inc. a switch by Nissan. Perhaps I was a bit wise by getting Nissan to do the Electrical Donkey Work so if it is a problem we will see what the outcome is on the 19th. - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken