QQ tekna with no panoramic

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I think a set of winter wheels and tyres is a fair deal and very useful. Check the wheels will be alloys though! I would take this offer myself as the alternative of waiting another nine months is not great. I don't think the lack of the roof will make any difference on resale.We have the panoramic roof but as it does not open its value is limited.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

As it's the norm for the car / year / model i wouldn't imagine it would have a material value impact on your car.Usually "optional extras" add very little to a cars value, which this now is, at resale time.If you can cope with the lack of the panoramic roof then, assuming they are proper alloys, i'd take that as a reasonable offer (especially if they have the tpms sensors).If they are on "steels" i'd reject the offer.
Nissan no more...
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

If you desperately want the roof then give them the option:1. Immediately find a replacement to ordered specification.2. Take their time getting the replacement but you carry on driving the one you have until that time. (I suspect they might hurry up then).
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Not critising the OP just I bet its a question hes asked himself more than once lolJust saying if he enjoys the car so much then maybe the cash or goods will soften the blow rather than wait for another carSorry OP didnt mean to sound like I was bieng mean, Im sure you have wondered yourself how did i miss something so large lolHope you get it sorted if not I did mention on a thread about a tin opener ive had in drawer few years xxxx
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="rm0rgan"]If you can live without it, take the offer and enjoy the car else return it.Personally, I don't think it will make any difference to resale values in the future - especially if trading it in. [/QUOTE]
I agree.The winter tyre and alloys offer also sounds very good if you were thinking of buying a set anyway. No good otherwise.Don't worry about the lack of the pano roof as a feature. After the first glow of purchase has passed you will realise just how much of an useless feature it is. I have it on another brand of car and never notice it. It doesn't do anything and as such has about as much value to the passengers as the vinyl roofs of old.I had the choice of ordering my N-Tec as an N-Tec+ for less than £500 extra. This would have included the pano roof and silver roof rails. For me, maybe not for others, these features are about the least desirable of all available features so I declined.Second hand value? The OP's car will still be a Tekna and be priced as such. I wonder if he had the roof rails fitted?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

The roofs are fun for 5 secondImpressed the Grand kids as it opened and I drove off but in summer they all wanted it closed and I dont remember ever opening it afterwardsRoof rails however are a big plus point, I had the AP and no roof rails and the car dont look finished without them
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I must admit, I was all giddy about the roof..... several months later and its hardly open. Only when the little one is screaming his head off!
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I still open the roof on rainy days ... just like it!
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

As an optional extra it's just £400. So in purely financial terms, an offer of wheels and tyres worth £1,100 seems pretty good.

Unfortunately it's not that simple though is it? it's a value judgment that you're unfortunately going to have to agonise over.
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

My roof shade is open all the time, unless its particularly sunny and warm with it, as I have to admit its like sitting in a bloody oven! On the flip side, this may make the inside of the car a little warmer during daylight hours during winter, then close the shade after dark.....the next few weeks will tell.