Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Had my Tekna a week and did my first serious night driving in it last night (as in unlit back roads etc). I traded in a 4 year old Beemer for the Tekna and the Tekna lights are a quantum leap better than the Beemer, in fact I was amazed by them. I couldn't care less what they are, they could be bi cabbage for all I care, they just work brilliantly. S'cuse the pun... :D
2016 1.6D Tekna in Storm White, chrome pack, mudflaps and glass roof.

ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

I have changed cars a few times over the last 8 years, I went from an old Subaru with halogens to a Honda CRV with xenon, difference was night and day :lol:

Then to an Audi with xenon which was just as bright as the Honda, next was an old 2002 BMW 7 series which was one of the first cars with xenon and they were rubbish! even with philips nightbreaker bulbs.

One of the reasons I chose a Tekna was because I don't want to go back to halogens, and I am glad I did, in my opinion the leds on the QQ are better and brighter than all the above mentioned cars.

When new technology comes out it's good, but it gets refined over time and so gets better, BMW laserlights are supposed to be amazing.

I am very happy with the Tekna leds and i've even got headlight washers :D

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Chris, are these Headlight Washers a Law in Denmark, as I believe here they are not normally required by Law for Bi-LED's. I have read before that these were also used in Sweden and Finland. There was also a mention of a "Nordic Pack" from Nissan. Do you have any idea if this Washer System can be supplied as a Nissan Kit just out of interest - Thanks Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

I had a 2012 QQ with upgraded Xenon headlight bulbs, for 4 years, and I found these very good.

Now I have a 2016 QQ with LED's and personally I find them even better. Very happy with them.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

and the Automatic dipping has never failed me :) ;)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
switchback

Post by switchback »

Gel wrote:and the Automatic dipping has never failed me :) ;)
It's not infallible, but better than a human. The only thing that annoys me is that it auto dips at 15mph and won't go back to main beam until around 27 mph which is dangerous if you are driving down into a dip at 26mph or less.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Gel wrote:and the Automatic dipping has never failed me :) ;)
Mine doesn't like lorries....and they don't like me!

If you are driving at night and there is a central reservation, I find sometimes the sensor cannot see the headlights of a lorry (obscured by the barrier) - the headlights carry on at full beam blinding the poor sod(!) so at times, I do have to intervene, however 99% of the time it is spot on!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Hadn't realised about the speed limitation mentioned by Switchback.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

switchback, just like Gel I had no idea about these speed limitations so I checked - again something learned from the Forum Thanks Dave :D

IMG_3066.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
derfeluk

Post by derfeluk »

Just bought a 2014 Limited Edition with all bels and whistles, great car, love it apart from the LED headlights. Dipped is great, sharp, bright good cutoff, but main beam hardly adds to the illumination. There is a clear line of bright are where the dipped beam is still on, yet the main beam is considerably less so.

They are no way near as good as my wife's Seat Leon LED lights! Has anyone else found the same with the full LED headlights?