Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Either which way, Bi-LED light units are not fitted with halogen light bulbs. Non LED headights are simply sold as halogen lights with LED DRL's!
SplanK2015-03-08 16:15:31

Qash

Post by Qash »

[quote="SplanK"]
Are you sure? I can only see 1 bulb in my clusters?! In addition, everywhere I have read indicates that Bi-*light* is a single bulb per cluster which uses a shutter system rather than 2 separate light sources. Even Hella sell Bi-LED kits with 1 light source (albeit from 6 individual LED's): http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/ ... ed-module/

[/QUOTE]
If you look closely in the reflector for high beam, you will see on the upper edge an LED light source that is facing downward toward the reflector.Or I am quite wrong , hope someone else has looked at it.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="SplanK"][quote="rm0rgan"][quote="QQ013"]Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this was mentioned 6+ pages back - some QQ's (Tekna for example) are full LED lighting and not Bi-LED.Bi-LED is only on the models with standard bulbs in the headlights (you can spot them as the headlights are not as crisp white as the DRL's.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but this is incorrect. Bi-LED are fitted to Tekna's (and maybe NTEC's? Not sure...) Halogen are fitted to those without Bi-LED, however do have LED daylight running lights, as does the Bi-LED models. Bi-LED, just like Bi Xenon just means that there is 1 bulb for both dipped and high beam rather than 2 separate bulbs. It uses a shutter to block out the light when dipped. [/QUOTE]
Don't be sorry - I think you could be right and I read someone else's (albeit incorrect) explanation - my bad!I remember there being a shutter system on my Scirocco which ha Bi- Xenons fitted so this makes sense.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="SplanK"][quote="rm0rgan"][quote="QQ013"]Today my first experience with the BI led.Very happy. great light. Clear sight and the auto function regarding the main beam works great!A bit strange is the colored top of the beam, like a rainbow. Not sure if other drivers are happy with this.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this was mentioned 6+ pages back - some QQ's (Tekna for example) are full LED lighting and not Bi-LED.Bi-LED is only on the models with standard bulbs in the headlights (you can spot them as the headlights are not as crisp white as the DRL's.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but this is incorrect. Bi-LED are fitted to Tekna's (and maybe NTEC's? Not sure...) Halogen are fitted to those without Bi-LED, however do have LED daylight running lights, as does the Bi-LED models. Bi-LED, just like Bi Xenon just means that there is 1 bulb for both dipped and high beam rather than 2 separate bulbs. It uses a shutter to block out the light when dipped. [/QUOTE]
N-Tec and N-Tec+ are fitted with the rather weak halogen lights.LED lights are extremely efficient in energy use per unit of light emitted. There might, or might not be a shutter system fitted for dip on bi-LED lights. All the 'bi' signifies is that both main and dip are LED.
Qash

Post by Qash »

[/QUOTE]]
N-Tec and N-Tec+ are fitted with the rather weak halogen lights.LED lights are extremely efficient in energy use per unit of light emitted. There might, or might not be a shutter system fitted for dip on bi-LED lights. All the 'bi' signifies is that both main and dip are LED.[/QUOTE]]
This "Bi" signs should be obvious if one just thinking about Bi-sexuel. I am so stupid
Qash2015-03-08 17:02:48
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Tekna has BI led. ( and of course LED-DRL)see: http://www.nissan.co.uk/dam/services/gb ... _specs.pdf Seperate bulbs and reflectors for high beam and low beamhttp://images.esellerpro.com/2686/I/37/260104EA0B_a.JPG

QQ0132015-03-09 18:25:51
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
biggster

Post by biggster »

I love my LEDs on my Tekna. I have had xenons on a number of previous cars and these are as good if not better. 10/10 from me
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
Pherlopolus

Post by Pherlopolus »

I have swapped a car with xenons for a LED equiped QQ and the difference is astounding, and the main beam assist is fantastic!
wooders

Post by wooders »

The headlights were probably the best feature on my QQ .They were so bright and white .If I could of taken one feature off my QQ and put it on my new car it would of been the LED headlights .
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   
duncho

Post by duncho »

Qashqai J11 has never had Bi-LED headlights and will never have ones. How can someone judge on LED headlights performance if he doesn't have elementary knowledge of what headlights his car is equipped with.

Bi-LED headlight get away with using just one bulb by employing a mechanical system to direct the beam of light - i.e. the same headlight and bulb is used for Hi and Lo beam.

LED headlights have fixed bulbs, with one pair of lights aimed high, and another pair of lights aimed low.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!