Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry but I cannot see the issue or problem here. All of the cars I have had needed the Lever to be pulled towards you for High or again for Low Beam. Now we have to push it away to go to Auto High or Low and it does it for you. If you need to Flash then OK you have to pull the Lever towards you and remember to return it for Auto.
Regarding the LED Lighting I was and am still impressed with them - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Qash"]I mean to use the turn signal lever is a little difficult when the lever is in the forward position. Maybe it's just my hands.The purpose of Auto High Beam is well that you should not have to pull the levers back and forth. On my previous cars I put auto high beam position once and have not touched it in years.[/QUOTE]Fair comment, have to admit that I'd not noticed it before but I don't do a lot of indicating when high-beam is selected! However, I do have a tendency to 'flash' to let someone through although that is considered a dangerous, if still common, practice nowadays? There again perhaps you can still 'flash' when the lights are other than on high-beam, must try sometime.
PeterL2015-01-14 17:03:29
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Qash

Post by Qash »

I have also had cars with lever pulled back and forth, then came another solution that pushes forward for HighBeam but the lever springs back to the original location and when you want to go back to low, pushing the lever again. In this way, the lever is always close to the steering wheel.Then came Auto High Beam, which finally sets with its own button or somewhere on a menu, and then use one never stick again, except when to use turn signals, of course :).This solution has the auto function that works incredibly well but just that I have to push it back and forth feels unnecessary. I would like to avoid talking about high beam and low beam but using the phrase "the best possible light all the time" and QQ has technology for it.edit: f you use the lane departure warning and run the highway, then you use turn signals much if you do not want to hear the beep all the time :)

Qash2015-01-14 17:15:53
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

QASH - I understand and it's good to see that this hasn't gotten out of hand, yet, there's a 'pun' in there somewhere. Anyway you're right of course it's not the same as some others when it comes to operation but perhaps not too serious an issue either. I really had not noticed and I drive a lot of cars, or at least used to so pehaps that conditioned me to accept things as they are and use them to my advantage? Changing lanes - touche!

PeterL2015-01-14 17:17:36
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Qash

Post by Qash »

There is absolutely no big deal but we all use cars in different ways and see the "problems" in different ways. There is no perfect car and if it exists, it costs fortune.I'm happy with most things in my QQ but think it is healthy to even talk about things that we think less about.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
IndigoZoo

Post by IndigoZoo »

Worryingly I get flashed by oncoming drivers about once a week when I'm on dipped beam. I currently do about 3 hours night driving per week covering about 250 miles. That's a rough estimate. Does anyone else get flashed and if so how often and how much night time driving are you doing? Regarding the headlights - to be honest I'm not convinced that they're any better than my previous car's upgraded halogen bulbs. They're not the improvement in performance I was hoping for. I do like my Qashqai's auto dipping function... a lot.
1.5 dCi Inky Blue Tekna delivered on time on 11 November
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I have been flashed once. Somebody suggested they had a similar problem as yourself and had a re-alignment done at their dealer which resolved the problem
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

I've been flashed once or twice - I think it's more that oncoming cars are shocked at how white the lights are...
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

I have posted about this before. I had the same problem. A two minute job at the dealers. The service manager now includes this check as part of the PDI since my issue.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
oldjazzer

Post by oldjazzer »

I've just come back from a 2 week driving holiday on the Continent.I've got the Tekna Bi-LEDs which gave excellent lighting .... particularly as a third of the driving was on snow! I took the precaution of fitting beam deflectors so, as expected, didn't get any flashing from drivers coming the other way.I'm very pleased with the LEDs, but I wouldn't say they are any better than the Xenons on a Vauxhall I used to have, other than the fact the LEDs don't need to warm up before giving 100% light.The Vauxhall's lights did however have a lever that brought down a little shade that cut off the beams' left hand peak for driving abroad. Love the autodip.http://www.care4car.com/car-travel-acce ... LfHTzOf4dV
1.5 October 2014 QQ Tekna