Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

They are better than a lot of cars have and yes they do have a sharp cut off at distance. They are not as good as the bi-Xenons I had on my Yeti which also turned as you cornered lighting up the bends superbly, but overall I am happy with them as there are some cars fitted with pretty poor lighting
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

chee

Post by chee »

I've found the bi-xenons very good, had to drive a different route to work this morning for the next couple of weeks due to roadworks and all the roads are country lanes with zero lighting. As mentioned only problem is the sharp cut off but I found the automatic high beams work a treat (first time I've had this system on a car), very convenient and wonder how I've managed without them all this time!
2014 (64) Nissan Qashqai, Gun Grey Tekna, 1.2
Qash

Post by Qash »

I only wish that automatic full beam could be on without lever must stay in the forward position. Many other manufacturers have more sofisticerad solutions.
Qash2015-01-12 14:42:01
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I'm more than happy with the lights in my QQ and I don't
think they differ hugely from the Xenon lights I had in my A4. The auto full
beam lights are a revalation.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Ian141

Post by Ian141 »

[quote="Qash"] I only wish that automatic full beam could be on without lever must stay in the forward position. Many other manufacturers have more sofisticerad solutions.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The last car I had that required the stalk pushing away from the driver for full beam was a Mk 1 Fiesta...

Not good....
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

[quote="Qash"]I only wish that automatic full beam could be on without lever must stay in the forward position. Many other manufacturers have more sofisticerad solutions.
[/QUOTE]I'm not sure what the problem is here. There has to be some way of switching the auto full beam on and off
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have found with the LED's that you do need to keep the glass (well plastic) clean. Even an almost invisible film of dirt will reduce vision more than I have been used to with Xenon on past cars.As to pushing the stalk to activate auto dipping I do not see a problem. There has to be a switch somewhere to be able to activate/deactivate the system and the stalk seems a good place to me.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="F1 Bob"]
I have found with the LED's that you do need to keep the glass (well plastic) clean. Even an almost invisible film of dirt will reduce vision more than I have been used to with Xenon on past cars.
[/QUOTE]
Agree. Already so miserable luminance gets even weaker.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Ian141"] [quote="Qash"] I only wish that automatic full beam could be on without lever must stay in the forward position. Many other manufacturers have more sofisticerad solutions.[/QUOTE] Agreed. The last car I had that required the stalk pushing away from the driver for full beam was a Mk 1 Fiesta...Not good.... [/QUOTE]This really does seem, to me at least, a complete none event. What on earth is the issue here, it fact it seems logical to me that as you need to select main beam, when in manual-mode, by depressing the stalk that you should do the same when in auto-mode?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Qash

Post by Qash »

I mean to use the turn signal lever is a little difficult when the lever is in the forward position. Maybe it's just my hands.The purpose of Auto High Beam is well that you should not have to pull the levers back and forth. On my previous cars I put auto high beam position once and have not touched it in years.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci