Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="PeterL"]Duncho - it might have helped us if you had placed a recognisable object in the distance, a car perhaps? Personally I find the LED gives a much better light as in daylight. That makes it far easier for the driver to work things out, grass is green sort of thing and no doubt a person or an animal would equally stand out with the LED light? I appreciate your need for hard facts but I'm not convinced you've provided them - yet? Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
Peter, LED light color seems better only because I did not manipulate with raw photos. Camera white balance was calibrated to LED light which explains why xenon photos look so reddish. If I calibrated the camera to xenon, the LED light would result in a bit bluish tint. So for better comparison I white balanced the photos to 5000K which shows now pure results as seen by naked eye. If I get bored at Christmas, I will do the comparison again with some object in distance. Goal of my comparison was my curiosity and fulfill my beliefs in LEDs better than Xenon. I wish I never had this idea to test it as it only disappoints me each time I drive in night....
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have had Xenon lights on my last four cars and now find the LED lights on our QQ are fine. We drove home from Nottingham last Wednesday in the dark and I was not aware of any deficiency at all. Range was good and a level spread of light. Auto dipping also worked as it should.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I have come from halogen filament bulbs (in fact, still have them in the Micra) and find that the QQ LED are much brighter. Even had a few friends comment that they we awesome. Ok colour is a little bluer which seems to give the impression that they are less bright, BUT the LED's seem to 'throw' the light quite a good distance. I can't comment between proper xenon and LED as I have never experienced
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

QQ not half as good as the lights on my previous car, Vauxhall Insignia those light were fantastic.steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

From my reading, LED are between halogen and HID Xenon bulbs for brightness. Certainly better than the halogen headlamps on the Kuga I had before the QQ. I have no idea what the Laser headlamps (Audi TT etc) are like for brightness, they actually use a laser to excite a phosphor element so won't blind you.
Dr_Niss2014-11-10 20:42:14
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have not done much night driving in my QQ, but from what I have covered I would say the LED's are about on par with the Bi Xenons I had on my last car a Skoda Yeti, no better or worse, but certainly a whiter light. I aslo noticed when driving in our other car with my wife following behind in the QQ the lights seemed to have a strange blue, green, yellow flash about them when going over bumpy surfaces.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

duncho, just got to say that my Tekna led lights dont project as yours do. Mine look more like your exenon photos but lighting up a lot further than that.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="gvmdaddy"] duncho, just got to say that my Tekna led lights dont project as yours do. Mine look more like your exenon photos but lighting up a lot further than that.[/QUOTE]

They surely do project as mine, but it is less visible than on the photos above as your eyes adopt to the light emitted by the headlights. Therefore so many people disagree on what they could see while they drive their Teknas compare to side by side test results published over here. It is noticable if you pay attention to it, but huge difference appear on side by side comparison.

I had to adjust camera exposure time (shutter speed) to Xenon light output, otherwise I would get them over exposed as they are much stronger as the LED headlights. If you are a photographer, I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say. duncho2014-11-11 08:07:46

duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="jonceebee"]
following behind in the QQ the lights seemed to have a strange blue, green, yellow flash about them when going over bumpy surfaces.[/QUOTE]

That tint is caused by optics that the light has to pass through which brakes different wavelength (frequency) to visible pattern. The similar example you can see on glass of the water exposed to strong sun beam.
duncho2014-11-11 04:41:56

White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

BI LEDS are fab so bright when I arrive at work friends of mine think there is space ship coming over the hill
Just great lights on a fantastic motor