Bi-LED Headlamps - How Good Do You Find Yours?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is a small summary on the different types of lighting - Dave

http://www.angieslist.com/articles/whic ... or-led.htm
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks Dave, anyone want to read more-follow this linkhttp://www.autoevolution.com/news/battle-of-th ... 26530.html
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

Pretty objective write up, thanks for sharing. Both articles mention what I also evidenced above.

Dave's article:
"If you're looking for intense light and don't mind the glare, xenon may be the best choice. LEDs, meanwhile, offer great light, low power and long life, but often come with a bigger price tag"

John's article:
"Generally speaking, LED headlights are stacked in between the halogen and HID lamps regarding their luminescence"

...and that also explains why headlight washers are no longer obliged for LEDs (lower luminescence than Xenon)duncho2014-11-11 23:19:09
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Lukeyluke

Post by Lukeyluke »

Love the LED head lights. Very bright compared to what I have had in the past, I would probably say the best. Maybe not all LED's are the same, they should be, but you always get one or more LED's in Xmass lights that do not shine as bright as the rest. Maybe that what has happened regarding the mixed feelings.I admit, I know nothing when it comes to LED lighting.
Tekna, Xtronic, Black
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well another Lesson learned at the weekend. I took the wife for her Firms Xmas Dinner and actually drove for the first time in the QQ on German Country Roads, dark, no lighting, narrow, some kerbs and as the Norm is here both sides lined with trees. The QQ's lighting was good but I then thought why are they not going on Full beam automatically, so I stopped and used the Nissan Drivers App on the iphone, scannend it and there it was - set up was to Auto (that was OK) but I needed to push the Lighting Stalk away from me !. With this done in my humble opinion the lighting distance, color, beam spread and reaction time was very pleasing - for me definitely another plus for the QQ and another bit of action that does not need thinking about so often - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin, ive been saying this about the lights since I got mine in May. Some drivers however, are not happy with them and seem to think they are dangerous and need upgrading to something that would be more at home as landing lights on a 747.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

There are times when it seems we need a Ying Yan section on the Forum or perhaps a Glass Half Full or Half Empty!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

Just another thought, I was told a number of years ago by a Hella technician that they had proven that a layer of road dirt over the headlamp, which would be invisible to the eye, but visible when you wipe your finger across the lamp face, would have the effect of reducing the light output by around 10%. Once you can visibly see the dirt on the lamp, that can increase to around 50%! Ever since I've kept a pack of wetwipes in my cars to give the headlamps the once over on a regular basis , and never had any problems with mine.
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Ian141

Post by Ian141 »

I agree with Duncho. Although the bi LEDs are pretty decent on my Tekna, i have to say that I have a motorcycle (Bandit 1250GT) on which I have installed a HID kit. This kit cost 40 quid with a slimline ballast, and is a single reflector bulb of 35w.It is far superior in light output to the Qashqai's pair of Led lights, and because it's properly shielded it does not dazzle others. However, the Leds are better than the headlights were in my Mondeo. These were just halogens, and although they were projector adaptive lights, the beam was pretty poor. I think that as a standard fit, the lights on the Tekna are pretty good. If I'd paid £800+ for them, I'd be taking it back and complaining!!
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

As said previously, as standard fit on Tekna they are OK'ish but would be dissapointed if i'd paid extra.

I think the problem is that they are so focused and have almost zero light leakage which gives a clean cut off line between brightly lit and the dark/pitch black road ahead. They just don't seem to light the road up far enough ahead.