1.2 Petrol Xtronic 0-60 12.9 seconds- ouch!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Luton Driver

Post by Luton Driver »

Nissan have withdrawn the 1.6 diesel Xtronic except for the top of the range Tekna. Anyone wanting the Xtronic will have to go for the 1.2 litre petrol. I have no problem with that except for the woeful 0-60 time of 12.9 seconds. I guess in the real world with a family installed it will be closer to 14 seconds.This engine option with the Xtronic has not appeared in any reviews yet but I don't think the motoring journalists will be impressed. I am no speed freak but this seems painfully slow for any overtaking maneuver and is now putting me off from getting one. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Mate how wrong you arego into transmission section of the forumtheres a lot more to consider than a slow 0-60 time
Luton Driver

Post by Luton Driver »

Thanks Donkey. Wow what a horror story with the Xtronic. I am still a year from changing my car so hopefully things will get sorted. If it doesn't there is no way I will buy one. For the last 4 years I have been driving a Mondeo with a twin clutch Powershift transmission and it is faultless even though I got one of the first UK deliveries.