Suspension very hard with 17 wheels?

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
FoxE

Post by FoxE »

Yes, Donkey, we do have some nice long roads surrounded by beautiful scenery in NZ. I do get to use them - just not in this car as yet. Now there's a thought - I'll just move house to somewhere outside of Canterbury (NZ) where the roads are more forgiving and keep the car!
2014 Nissan Qashqai ST (J11) | 2 litre | Ivory Pearl (QAB) | Xtronic CVT | New Zealand

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

FoxE, NZ roads can be no worse than Turkish roads. Off of the main highways they are simply diabolical. Repairs are done by men arriving in a truck with a bit of tarmac, throwing it on the road and leaving the traffic to flatten it. I have 19 inch wheels, standard on my car, and my steering is set to 'Sport'. I don't know if this makes any difference, but the car does not judder, bounce or jar when going over the road. I admit I go carefully when driving on the bad roads, but overall the extra 2 inches on the wheels make no difference in ride comfort from the test drive on 17's. The 19's corner better, hold the road better and are more precise, but that is probably the set up of the car.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin