New Qashqai is Rubbish

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
sparkfishes

Post by sparkfishes »

My new qashqai ( march 2014) has had and still has problems.Chassis control errored and left me stranded on the M25 ... NO hard shoulder.at 1750 milesFrom New the stop start works intermittently Radio would not switch offThe parking sensors work intermittently or stay on all the time The collision avoidence some times works and sometimes does not. It has been back to the dealers SIX times and is still showing parking warnings when there is no obstical infron and /or when I stop or pull away.Before any one tells me well: the parking sensors should not get wet (?) The stop start will not work if the wheels are not straight or the A/C is on or the engine is cold ... That is Bllx as , when thigas are working My stop start does work under all the false excuses put out by NissanNissan Customer services have been no practical help and the feed back to the dealers from Nissan Technical have been useless or even false .... I am not the only person with these problems even the dealers service managers Qashqai has the same problems .. and he cant get his fixed If you have a good Qashqai you are very lucky .. it was BIG mistake by Nissan when they Teamed up with Renault .. I will never buy any Nissan again after many years faultless cars until this car

elastictangent

Post by elastictangent »

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues.My wife has had a Qashqai for a week now and all is well apart from the button that locks the windows sticking down meaning we couldn't open any one other than the drivers.With so many fault have you tried returning the car?
2014 Qashqai 1.5DCi Tekna Gun Metal Grey
sparkfishes

Post by sparkfishes »

The car has been to the dealers six times . I even left it for six days at one stage and they used up half a tank of ( my) petrol testing it. ... it still had the faults when I had it backI have spoken to Nissan Head quarters too many times to keep count ... The qaulity control has gone to pot now they are taking in Renault parts . They are doing the same as BL used to do : releasing a car before it is developed and expecting the customers to show up the faults .. they are loosing their previous, well deserved reputation for build quality and reliability. What ever you do do not jet wash your car as the parking sensors will keep giving false warnings .. they are not supposed to get wet ( ???) Nissan have told me ! Mine even errors after light rain.. so does the dealerships service managers Qashqai
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Lol I loved the BL referenceBit harsh but your review mate your entitled to itBut it might help stop thinking listing niggles and contributing to others maybe we can get a voice and get things rectifiedDealing with Nissan UK is hard mate I know but dont throw towel in yetThe car can be annoying but its exagerated when trying to get it sorted by blunt harsh treatment from Nissan Deep breaths mate remember your on a forum where most of us accept your niggles just not much we can do about it at moment
stationhouse

Post by stationhouse »

Sounds like you've got a duff car sparkfishes. We probably all accept a few new cars will have some issues but yours sound excessive. I always think that the true sign of a good company is when things go wrong (which they inevitably will from time to time) is how the company sorts it out, which they plainly aren't doing in your case. Keep on plugging away until they get it sorted. Come on Nissan get it sorted!!
Qasqai Tekna Diesel 1.6 CVT
Proac

Post by Proac »

Hi sparkfishes sorry to here you are having so many problems with your car why don't you try getting in touch with Auto express to see it they can help hope you get it sorted.
Bronze Acenta Premium
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Hopefully before he seeks help he will sit calmly and list the problems logiclyYou cant claim things like accident avoidance system not working realy until you have a crash, even then no system like that is perfectThe M25 might seem like 1000s of miles but its not and the chassis control fault will put you into limp mode, other than roadworks its served quite well with hard shoulders its statements like this that can cloud a complaintParking sensors yep are a pain but Rubbish is a harsh word as for stop start again unless your dash is saying theres a fault then the circumstances needed for it to work obviously not present, my car stopped n started but you couldnt predict it to workId say calmly write down the faults and why it affects you then list them in order of priorityNissan Uk do inflame any problem by not listening or dismissing peoples feelings but a wild rant (and I know how you feel like driving car through showroom window etc) realy dont help
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I find it very surprising a car can have so many faults. Have had mine since March and no complaints this far except for the need to have the bonnet rubbers adjusting so it sits same height both sides. Hope the issues you have get resolved soon
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

conno

Post by conno »

Had my 1.2 Tekna since june and no problems with it up to now but i do find heavy rain sends the sensors a bit loopy and stop start works when it wants to apart from that its a good car .
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Think the OP might have one of these.http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/143350.htmlHope it gets sorted before too long