First 1000 miles

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

52 mpg is about the best our cvt does too.Due to the way the box works, I just keep it in auto.Montimar, how are you using your box, auto or manual shift?
tekna cvt mag red

montimar

Post by montimar »

The actual figure is 60.3 mpg. I brimmed the tank, ran the car for 627 miles until the fuel gauge fell below 1/4 full then refilled the tank. 47.2 liters of fuel for 627 miles. You do the maths.Most of the running was done between Scarborough and Leybourn a round trip of 150 miles on single carriagway A roads at an average journey speed of 40/43 mph ( Lots of towns and small villages )The outward journey early morning with no traffic the return journey early afternoon with lots of traffic.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
montimar

Post by montimar »

I have never used the box in the manual mode and I have the eco button selected with the stop/start offI am in the middle of another fuelly with the eco button off to see if it makes any differance. So far I have completed 400 miles on 1/2 a tank so it's looking good.In fact it's bloody awesome for such a big car.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
colliedog

Post by colliedog »

I cant get anywhere near that, best average has been around 53mpg but almost consistently sit at 46mpg over a full tank of fuel, mostly shorter 30-40 mile journeys on A & B class roads ( no motorways or duals around here to test out on a long steady runI am not really complaining much as I never expected to get 60, would have liked an average above 50 thoughTo be fair if I was on 150 mile round trips at 40mph average I am pretty sure my mpg would increase as well
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Regarding the CVT fuel consumption it will be interesting to see what you report during the winter months. When I drove my CVT Toyota Prius I found during warm weather the consumption was around 60-62mph, then during winter it dropped down to 50-54 mph according to Fuelly and tis happened for the two years I had it.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
colliedog

Post by colliedog »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Regarding the CVT fuel consumption it will be interesting to see what you report during the winter months. When I drove my CVT Toyota Prius I found during warm weather the consumption was around 60-62mph, then during winter it dropped down to 50-54 mph according to Fuelly and tis happened for the two years I had it.[/QUOTE]Before Qashqai (BQ) I had 2 Nissan Notes - first one was a 1.6 petrol manual which gave me 42 mpg no matter what, winter, summer, thrash it ( as much as you can thrash a note), drive it like I was pretending it wasnt stolen, uphills, downhills average 42mpg. The second was a diesel manual Summer driving ( Hah Summer yeah that brief period between freezing and needing a liferaft ) got me 58-62mpg - however when Jack frost came a calling mpg would plummet to 44-46 - same every year from around Nov - March Yesterday I was out and got a clear 30 Mile run where I set cruise control at 56mph on a what is a relatively flat stretch of road, other than 2 roundabouts the speed never changed and I allowed the cruise control to pick the speed back up - result was 49.7mpg showing on the dash which from previous tests is fairly accurate.One thing I have noted is that if in Automatic and cruising at say 55mph and I move into manual select there is another 2 "gears" 6 & 7 - not sure on how this xtraphonical geary thingy is supposed to work so not sure if thats normal
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I don't understand how gears work on a cvt. I understood originally nissan had simulated the noise of gear changes using software as some people didn't like that fact that engine noise didn't relate to speed or gearing. Never bothered me had two prius and liked the quiet smooth transmission
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

[quote="ShinyAndy"]I tried it again this afternoon but put the temp up so it wasn't trying so hard and it worked. Maybe its because it's trying to get the temps down from 30+ to 20?[/QUOTE]Complained to the garage today that the stop start was not working. I was told that if the aircon was set to minimum it will not operate. Also if the rear demister and front blower are on. I presume it takes so much out of the engine. I have not tried it yet. It was 41 degrees when I left the garage so I was not going to try it. The aircon only 'Just' managed to keep the car cool, but as I got nearer to home and the sea it was severely struggling to cope with the rise in humidity and the temperature had dropped to 37 C, so not really sure what to make of it. This morning when I left it 29 C and the interior was nice and cool
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

Dionysus - 41 degrees - down to a nice cool 29c ???? we're lucky to get UP to 20 here in northern England ;)http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcwfhf1w0 !!
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014