First 1000 miles

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
colliedog

Post by colliedog »

Well after nearly 5 months of bitchin and moaning I took delivery about 3 weeks ago and have clocked up around 1200 miles since then and thought I would give some feedback Tekna 1.6 CVT Sales and delivery **Was it worth the wait - NoIs it worth the wait - YesAbove there is a subtle difference in that had I been properly informed of the waiting list I would have been a lot happier the constant to'ing and fro'ing and downright uncertainty as to when this vehicle would arrive was a significant downside to the overall experience on a new vehicle - had I been properly advised and given a collection date at an earlier stage I would have been far more impressed - I hasten to add I put the blame firmly in the hands of Nissan and not the dealer Build Quality *****Simply nothing I can fault on the build - everything fits together and looks great - some operational niggles but not what I consider to be build quality Engine *****I test drove both the 1.6 and the 1.5 prior to ordering and have no qualms about the 1.6, power delivery is smooth with plenty of torque for those overtaking moments, some say the the 1.6 isnt as "refined" as the 1.5 - most seem to be overrated journalists getting paid overrated money for using words with 7 letters and more. There is nothing un-refined about the 1.6 it is smooth, quiet and willing.CVT GearboxSee "Niggles" below, not withstanding the bottom comment the gearbox is fine and I am enjoying the auto box from a health point of view. Comfort ****The seats are extremely comfortable although 300 mile is the longest trip so far, everything is within reach and easy to adjust, not played with the heated seats yet but that will come. Air con is very good with excellent adjustment, dual zone is good for when the moaning cold blooded other half is in the car and wants a different temperature, leg room in the back is good although those with mobility problems may experience some difficulty getting in the back, The only issue I have found is that I personally would like a little bit more side support on the seats. Suspension even with the 19 inch wheels soaks up the British coal sponsored potholes around here very well Fuel Economy ***Ok while the Lab claimed figures for any car can be taken with a pinch of salt - whoever done the one for this car is smoking some damned good weed. I have as much chance of getting an average above 60 as Scotland has of winning the world cup even an average of 50 has been ultimately unobtainable, with me averaging 43mpg which is significantly different ( almost 33% )from claimed - in fact my best ( not average ) is 52.4 and that was downhill with a tailwind and driving at a speed that would annoy a 2cv owner. I never expect to get claimed figures but in this case the claim seems wildly out. Toys ****Enough toys to keep a Barnardos home happy for 10 years, still not tried the self park feature ( need to find somewhere to practice first. One star knocked for for a couple of points, firstly the blind spot warning light is dead easy to miss in fact I never even noticed it was there, it is also very sensitive in that I live down a single track road and it flashes away picking up the grass and weeds on the verges - while I accept this could be a good "toy" it does need a little tuning and visibility moved up a notch, my other gripe is lane departure warning - this got switched off after less than 2 miles, I had went through a roundabout where multiple lanes change and diverge, sounded like the car was trying to play Ava Maria in C minor - way more hassle than its worth. Glass roof, GPS, Cameras, heated screen etc are all excellent Sound System *****Seen some people complain about the sound system - well it works for me - this is a car and I dont expect the Royal Philharmonic in the Albert hall, sound is clear - decent radio, easy to navigate so no complaints from me Niggles and faultsTo be fair here I have not reported these as yet due to my distance from the dealer and the faults are intermittent for the most partStop / Start doesnt!!! 95% of the time this simply doesnt work Auto release handbrake sometimes does not release - this is very intermittent CVT Box - this is my biggest niggle and on a few occasions now when setting the cruise control or sitting at a constant speed it feels like the ratio is too low, the car starts to feel as though its in too high a gear and "hunts" - maybe its me not used to an auto box ( never had a cvt before except a daf 33 ) Overall ****The farting around on delivery forced this down for me.

ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

[quote="colliedog"]the blind spot warning light is dead easy to miss in fact I never even noticed it was there[/QUOTE]
You know it beeps at you if you indicate to pull out when the light is on too?Stop/start on mine has never cut in but that's because the aircon is on constantlyIs the hunting issue happening at different speeds/revs or just a particular one?
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Interesting to hear others' comments on MPG, but overall a very interesting and informative review. A couple more jokes and Clarkson is out of business.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="ShinyAndy"][quote="colliedog"]the blind spot warning light is dead easy to miss in fact I never even noticed it was there[/QUOTE]
You know it beeps at you if you indicate to pull out when the light is on too?Stop/start on mine has never cut in but that's because the aircon is on constantlyIs the hunting issue happening at different speeds/revs or just a particular one?[/QUOTE]
You need to look at this as my stop start works fine and aircon is always on and working hard in this warm weather.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

I tried it again this afternoon but put the temp up so it wasn't trying so hard and it worked. Maybe its because it's trying to get the temps down from 30+ to 20?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colliedog, a nicely written Progress Report with the Good / Bad and Witty comments makes it Fun to read ?Y™? - Enjoy your time with it but visit your Dealer and get the problems sorted out early - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
montimar

Post by montimar »

I don't understand your rubbish fuel consumption. My 1.6 CVT returns over 60 mpg on any journey over 15 miles. Something must be wrong with the fuel mapping.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

That's what I want to hear about the MPG.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
colliedog

Post by colliedog »

[quote="montimar"]
I don't understand your rubbish fuel consumption. My 1.6 CVT returns over 60 mpg on any journey over 15 miles. Something must be wrong with the fuel mapping.[/QUOTE]Seriously??The best I have got is around 53mpg and that was driving mostly downhill at a speed that would keep Miss Daisy happy. The little graph is almost flatlined at mid 40's no matter what If you are getting over 60mpg then that up to or over the lab results - thats impressive
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="montimar"]
I don't understand your rubbish fuel consumption. My 1.6 CVT returns over 60 mpg on any journey over 15 miles. Something must be wrong with the fuel mapping.[/QUOTE]

You sure thats accurate?TC32014-07-20 08:55:45
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal