chrome up your QQ + MUDFLAPS

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
dave

Post by dave »

Hi Dave Thanks for info Dave
jamo

Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Hi legsakimbo and all. QQAP Auto due Sept 1st so nothing else to do but read. Most impressed with the chrome looks. My wife and I saw these additions in the showroom and thought they were too much but in the pictures they look great. My car ordered absolutely basic and will wait and decide on extras after delivery.Mud flaps a good idea only downside is I don't fancy drilling into a new car bodywork. However after a close-up look it appears it is drilling into the plastic wheel surround. is this correct?This forum is great.
Danny Boy
Proac

Post by Proac »

Saw these on amazon not if it's a good price or not http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Nissan- ... ccessories
Bronze Acenta Premium
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Car looks great, love the chrome.
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
legsakimbo

Post by legsakimbo »

yes Danny you are only drilling into plastic ! good luck ...
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I bought these flapshttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashqai-mud-f ... 1e8c87b0cf Put an offer in of £40 and was accepted. See other QQ items in his shop- it's Bradford Bristol ST Motors. Chrome=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Qashqai-c ... 1e8c9854ec No offers available on that one, but good saving
Gel2014-07-16 17:18:35
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are a couple of pics of real Mud Flaps fitted to our still un-delivered QQ just so you get an overview of what they look like installed : Left Rear / Right Front - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Anyone who has fitted the genuine mudflaps, could you advise if you actually need to drill into anything or are the fitting holes already there and blanked off? ...Regards Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

You do need to make one extra hole for each mudguard, easy on the front as you can turn the wheels, the rear you can do if you're careful enough, having said that you'll be drilling into the plastic and if the drill does slip it would be covered by the mudflap. IIRC I lined the mudflap up, marked it (the extra hole location) with a pencil, used a bradawl to pop the hole centre and used a wood drill bit (the ones with the spike on the end) so that it would pick up on the hole centre and wouldn't slip. A HSS drill will likely just slip as you drill. Alternatively, whip the wheels off and then you can come perpendicular to the hole entry face with the drill.

Wheelie Bealie2014-08-13 11:39:22
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
You do need to make one extra hole for each mudguard, easy on the front as you can turn the wheels, the rear you can do if you're careful enough, having said that you'll be drilling into the plastic and if the drill does slip it would be covered by the mudflap. IIRC I lined the mudflap up, marked it (the extra hole location) with a pencil, used a bradawl to pop the hole centre and used a wood drill bit (the ones with the spike on the end) so that it would pick up on the hole centre and wouldn't slip. A HSS drill will likely just slip as you drill. Alternatively, whip the wheels off and then you can come perpendicular to the hole entry face with the drill.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks Wheelie, good advise as usual...Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors