Bright thing in the sky

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Apparently it's called "the Sun"! :D

I took advantage of the nice weather to check the oil level (still at "full" - that twisty dipstick is a pain though) and to swap the 55W H11
dipped beam bulbs for some Philips 65W H9s, suitably adapted. High beam is fine but I was not impressed with the standard dipped
bulbs. Should get a 750 lumens boost per bulb, although they'll have a shorter life. A pair cost me £12 (a one-off bargain on eBay).

h9.jpg

The black plastic on the front looked decidedly mangy (at only 4k miles) so I restored it with CarPlan Black Trim Wax.

The car looks quite tidy considering it's been washed three times so far in its life!

qq.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

MartinsQasqhai
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MartinsQasqhai »

Would be interested to hear what you think about the new bulbs Hound - once you have need of them. I've been fairly unimpressed by both the dip and main beam and thinking about replacing them.

Was it straightforward to replace them - my previous car (Saab 9-3) was easy but I hear some horror stories.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I can from a juke and the lights were dreadful. Practically ever juke owner replaced the bulbs. Those who did not go for led or some form of hid kit went nightbreakers unlimited.

On a side note I am impressed with my led lights on the tekna.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Because my manual was in the car's glovebox I looked on the internet to check what type the dipped beam bulbs were. H7, it said, and H11 was main beam. So I bought H7 NightBreakers, then discovered they're H11s for the dip and the high beams are H7. The site had got it wrong. Thanks, Halfords! :( (Note to self: RTFM)

Rather than spend another £30 on H11 NightBreakers I thought I'd give the H9s a try. They're 2100 lumens compared to the H11s' 1350 and were quite cheap. So yes Martin, I will let you know if the difference is worth it. They were easy to swap, but if you want to swap the high beams too, you'd need to remove the front part of the intake pipe to get your hand in.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic