My Blue Lady

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Rear aircon photo of russian qashqai

2016-02-19 11.35.02.png

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, thanks for posting these pics of your Mesh Grill modification. It is obviously ideal as a protection for stones etc but the mod does look a bit drastic for the "Normal" owner. For instance if you have removed the plastic cross strut does this not remove the rigidity of the assembly or does the attached Mesh now strengthen the assembly.
I understand from the post that the Grill Mesh mod is now a permanent attachment to the body part, can you still access behind the Grill (cleaning / maintenance) or do you or the Dealer have to remove the whole lower front assembly.
Do not get me wrong this is not a criticism and I am not against this mod in fact I modified our Nissan Juke in a similiar manner but with access. :D Keep the ideas coming you have some interesting variations of modifications which I have seen before from you Guys in Singapore - Regards Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
michalip

Post by michalip »

That looks so amazing, thanks Richard. I seriously considering and will do some research on this.
Awesome pics

Some great points from Dave there too
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hey Dave and Michalip,

Most welcomed and great to share as contribution since we are also learning so much here.

Design A is actually stock and fully reversible since the plastic cross struts are still intact wirh the mesh behind them.

Design B is indeed more drastic and irreversible with removal of the struts but for the few months so far that it had been modded by several bros, none had seen any deformation ...guess the bumper is strong enuff even without the struts.

Not sure the concern for the need to access though especially from the front and the mesh is so thin that access via the rear of the mesh via the engine bay is no different from stock.

Btw, the strut bar and mesh are gbp35 for design A and gbp70 which include the installation and the mesh ...quite reasonable for about gbp57k that we paid for the 1.2l petrol turbo and 2.0l petrol NA :(

Cheers !!
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

After a long due wash.

20160410_101926.jpg

1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

A picture from one of my weekend trips.

20160605_110846.jpg

1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.