My Blue Lady

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, I have just viewed your "Dropbox" Pics I missed them and I must say you have done some impressive modifications, I have never seen so many changes on a QQ especially in regard to the Engine Dept. I noticed you have installed a Strut Bar at the rear of the engine are these sort of parts readily available in Singapore (China) or self made.
You have added some Strip LED's in the Rear Cargo Area, I have also some prepared some, can I ask how and where you connected the power (existing light for example) as I am no "Sparky" - Electrician.
Again an interesting Post with some nice additions which some owners will like some not - Regards Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Dave, I noticed you had added the chrome side door protection & a white one? Does the chrome one not serve the job of protection since it protrudes lesser?
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, originally we ordered both the White Protection Strips and the Chrome Strips and our Dealer was a Little worried whether these would actually go together but after discussions we had them installed. The Larger White Protection Strip is made of a Soft Material (Rubber ?) and when a Door hits it, it does tend to give and take the shock. The Chrome Strip is Steel (St.Stl ?) and this is rigid and does not give when hit.
You will also see that the White Strip is much thicker and denser as the Steel one.

Both these parts are from Nissan :

Side Protection #KE760-4E52Q White Pearlescent QAB
Side Strip Chrome Optic #KE760-4E50C / Ice Chrome #KE760-4E50i
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Hi Richard, I have just viewed your "Dropbox" Pics I missed them and I must say you have done some impressive modifications, I have never seen so many changes on a QQ especially in regard to the Engine Dept. I noticed you have installed a Strut Bar at the rear of the engine are these sort of parts readily available in Singapore (China) or self made.
You have added some Strip LED's in the Rear Cargo Area, I have also some prepared some, can I ask how and where you connected the power (existing light for example) as I am no "Sparky" - Electrician.
Again an interesting Post with some nice additions which some owners will like some not - Regards Dave ;)
Hi Dave,

I started the qashqai whatapps group about 4 months ago in Singapore and benefitted tremendously from the sharing and even diy mods by 99 other bros in the group .... including this strut bar. We stuck to 100 participants even after whatapps allowed 200+ participants recently cos we wanted to keep the msgs and activities to manageable level.

The strut bar is from a Malaysian company and with also uk office at http://www.ultraracinguk.co.uk and our qashqai was found to be exact fit with the xtrail 3rd gen's part no. UR-TW2-3200. I highly recommend this mod cos it removes the vagueness of our steering even under sport steering setting ...one of our so called "no brainer" mod which many of the 100 bros already fitted.

The lights in the rear cargo area are higher quality 12v cob lights ..we avoid the usual LED cos cob light is easier on the eyes and they are simply coonected to the existing power supply of the stock cargo light.

Indeed mods are highly subjective to indvidual taste especially often redundant cosmetic ones but I name the following no brainer mods:

1. disable start stop module from duncho here who had I had to good fortune to contact
2. ethrottle for the 1.2l dig-t ... egardless from racechip, pivot, freepower, blitz, sprint booster
3. Strut bar
4. front bumper grill protector for radiator and intercooler ..what was nissan uk thinking of to expose them to be damaged ?
5. Grounding improvement with awg0 cable
6. K&N high flow reuseable filter
7. Auto central locking with steelmate alarm
8. Less dusty NiBk or Vetto front brake pad ...also more progressive and less abrupt braking

We are still in the process of getting;
1. available inner door spares with the typical lock from China Qasqhai suppliers to retrofit ...current ones are dangerous for owner with younger children thst may open the door unwitting and cause some bad accident. Bmw using double pull logic makes much more sense
2. available rear aircon console spares to also retrofit

Cheers.
Last edited by richard_crl032 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michalip

Post by michalip »

Hi Richard
left you a comment on DropBox for that foam , is it to reduce wind/road noise ?

You have some cool stuff, I for sure will be going through those pics looking for ideas
thanks for sharing

mine btw below

Oh and does anyone know if I can fit the that mesh above my crossoverpack ??

DSC06341.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

michalip, as far as I know the answer is No ! We also have the Crossover Pack & Chrome Strip. If you take a look at "Bodywork & Interior" under "Exposed Lower Radiator" you should find your answer and all the facts - Dave ;)
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

michalip wrote:Hi Richard
left you a comment on DropBox for that foam , is it to reduce wind/road noise ?

You have some cool stuff, I for sure will be going through those pics looking for ideas
thanks for sharing

mine btw below

Oh and does anyone know if I can fit the that mesh above my crossoverpack ??

DSC06341.jpg
Hey Michalip,

Thanks for browsing the dropbox pictures.

Yes, the tube foams are indeed to reduce wind noise and it does help. It was introduced by one of our innovative bros in the whatsapp group after seeing stuffed foam in the current toyota camry and it cost next to nothing and weighs close to nothing ... I should have included it as a no brainer mod ... haha !

On the front bumper protective mesh for the radiators, it can fit any accessories but it is a major mod to down the front bumper to uses any mesh cut to size and hot wires to melt thru the plastic of the bumper at no less than 30 locations to secure it ...with added silicon glue throughout. More than 50 cars did this because of major concern on the inevitable damaged to the radiator which we saw already to varying degrees when we fit it. If you are interested, I will find and post the photos of the mod. It does have its negative though as it serves its function and it is nicknamed "leaves collector" and need to clear it periodically :lol:

Cheers
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

2 design of A and B ....B requiring more drastic cutting of plastic bumper and not suitable for chrome pack but design A works for all

2016-02-19 07.45.53.png

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

More photo

2016-02-19 07.46.39.png

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Design B which is irreversible and not suitable for front bumper lip chrome trim due to cutting of plastic but looks more aggressive and arguably better and no longer collects leaves

2016-02-19 07.47.05.png