Matte Charcoal Metallic Foil Wrap

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
MunichNOW

Post by MunichNOW »

qq_forum.JPG

I just had my 2014 QQ foiled in Matte Charcoal Metallic by a local shop. Price was very reasonable and the job was very well done. The QQ turned heads when it was Ink Blue, but it really turns heads now.

Very attractive and easy to keep clean. I use a California Car Duster, a spray bottle of spiritus (ethyl alcohol), and blue window cleaner, with an occasional bucket hand wash. Though full car washes are not a problem, the matte finish rarely needs it.

Highly recommended for a unique look on an amazing vehicle!

The photos are at the Schlegeiss Reservoir at the very end of the Zillertal Valley above Ginzling, Austria. It was a wonderful drive in a great car.

qq_forum3.JPG

qq_forum2.JPG

2014 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic 360 in Matte Charcoal Metallic Foil, Rear boot lid sill protector, Heated seats, Panorama roof
Q-Day was Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

How much did it cost?
MunichNOW

Post by MunichNOW »

€2000 and it took three days to complete.
2014 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic 360 in Matte Charcoal Metallic Foil, Rear boot lid sill protector, Heated seats, Panorama roof
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have just been to a British Car Show in Florida (I will post some more pics for interest later - hopefully) and got talking to an owner of a Lotus that had also gone the Full Foil Wrap Way and he mentioned a cost of $2500. On looking at the Workmanship it looked pretty damn good around the edges, just for interest here are some examples from the Co. website and my Pics - Dave :)

http://www.c2dusa.com/exterior

P1080214 - Kopie.JPG

P1080213 - Kopie.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Some of these matt finishes can look stunning. Maybe its about time they were offered as an alternative by the manufacturers. My daughter wants one in matt black!
Makara

Post by Makara »

Looks great!

How did they wrap around the parking sensors? These are quite sensitive to being covered.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
MunichNOW

Post by MunichNOW »

Thanks for kind words on the matte finish.
I should mention that I chose to not do the inside of the door frames, the rear door frame, or any of the inside door edges. The price would nearly double to do a complete cover up of the Ink Blue original color. I may eventually do the front two doors, but I tend to agree with the fellow that did the wrap - "You will not notice the blue nearly as much after a few weeks"!

The idea was to cover all of the blue that showed from the outside with all the doors closed. Therefore he wrapped into the spaces around the door edges and hood edges. I will post some more detailed shots.

As for the parking sensors, they were covered just the same as the rest of the car - as you can see in the photo here:

sensor2.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

MunichNOW, I asked the Guy with the Lotus & the Guy who Done the Job about cleaning the Wrap and they mentioned you need to be careful, but it look like you have it under control. I found some information in the US that might interest you or others, so please take a look - Dave 8-)

http://wrapworks.com/services/vehicle-w ... icle-wrap/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp-wUG ... e=youtu.be
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MunichNOW

Post by MunichNOW »

Hardly shows the dirt, but any car wash will do when needed, but I use a California Duster for surface dust and and both blue window cleaner and isopropyl alcohol (spiritus here in Germany) in a spray bottle with several microfasur cloths for spot cleaning. It really works well. Much easier to care for than normal gloss paint.

Jeff
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

It looks very nice.
I must admit they did great job !
:geek: QQ TEKNA 1.2DIG-T NIGHSHADE - 2014 :geek: