Qashqai 1.6 dig-t Tekna

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Makara

Post by Makara »

TheSavage wrote:I've just received the 1.6 DCI auto Tekna in gun metal and it's very impressive! The acceleration seems faster than the official figures especially in sport mode....
Sport mode only changes the steering weight, makes no difference to the power.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna

Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

First day today trying the turbo on it, and it can go when it wants to. Just 1200miles still gradually running in but fuel economy is 39mpg on motorway.

I have a problem today, Air conditioning works but the heater doesn't work so I am taking it to Nissan tomorrow morning and have them look at it. My father has kidney problems always cold so it is vital to get this fixed.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Funny enough, I had worked out that my car is not petrol but Diesel instead....:)
How do you find the 1.6 Dig T?
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

TheSavage wrote:Funny enough, I had worked out that my car is not petrol but Diesel instead....:)
How do you find the 1.6 Dig T?
Good thing.. not while you were at the gasstation i hope ;)

The 1.6Dig-T is a great motor with lots of power. Like it a lot..and with approx 50 MPG not unhappy.
I used to buy diesels but looking at the anti-diesel attitude in europe and the resulting effects on expected resale value i decided for petrol.
The recent scandals at VW only further support this antipathy i am afraid.

I really like diesel btw.. range, mileage and low revs are good for relaxed driving.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Makara, there is a sport mode for the steering but also on the gear stick on the auto. It actually changes the gear changes (makes them more responsive and holds each gear for longer) and the breaking, similar to the sport mode in a bmw for example.
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

QQ13, know what you mean about diesel but you don't know for sure that every make of car have done what VW have done. I really don't rate VW's having had one and certainly wouldn't have another now. Glad you like the Dig T, I've heard some great reviews!
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Well the news is spreading..

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ssions-row
and
The Guardian revealed last week that diesel cars from Renault, Nissan, Hyundai, Citroen, Fiat, Volvo and Jeep all pumped out significantly more NOx in more realistic driving conditions.
So even Renault is scrutinized now.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Interesting and we probably don't the half to be honest...
Makara

Post by Makara »

TheSavage wrote:Makara, there is a sport mode for the steering but also on the gear stick on the auto. It actually changes the gear changes (makes them more responsive and holds each gear for longer) and the breaking, similar to the sport mode in a bmw for example.
Oh I didn't know that! Mine is a manual - apologies :)
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

No problem Makara! I have had manuals in the past so did not know myself until I got it...