Heko wind deflectors -- I finally fitted them!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

They have been removed! Unusually Mrs Hound said they didn't bother her, but they irritated the heck out of me. My understanding was that if a window was opened part way, the resulting wind roar would be less than with the deflector not fitted, and rain would be partly diverted (as in this video). But I didn't expect them to also generate extra noise with the windows shut! If I had the radio or CD player on while driving, then perhaps they wouldn't be any bother, but that is a habit I seem to have lost over the years and I prefer as little distraction as possible. So for those of you who always have choons on the go, these are fine. But as for me - I'm with Qash on this one...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

Jan_Lim

Post by Jan_Lim »

Thank you for the information. I didn't realized it will generate more noise if you wind the window up. In this respective i will not buy it.
Thank you for the information
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Had those on my Honda, what I did find was that they put extra strain on the window motors and slowed down opening/closing. On my mums jazz, the effect it too much that sometimes if you close the windows on auto, it will get halfway up and reverse.

I thought about getting them on the QQ, but 2nd thoughts were had.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector