My New Pearl Black QQ

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Hi everyone,I am from Melbourne, Australia. I just picked up my new QQ 3 weeks ago. It is a Ti 2.0L CVT (top spec in petrol range in Aus). We get a 2.0L petrol engine with only 2WD option and using 10L/100km so far, wondering how nice it would be with the turbo engine available in UK. We also missing all the goodie such as speed limit camera, emergency braking, tire pressure monitor and auto folding mirror. Its a big upgrade from my old Honda Jazz hatch. Nice ride in town and on the highway. The interior and seat is very comfortable with the nice padding on the handle. I'm still getting use to the 360 camera system and thinking to add a chrome scuff plate to the boot.Only hassle I found is that I can't put the configable shelf to the lower level to release more space in the boot because the spare wheel taking the space and can't fit in the shelf (kind of useless to have the shelving system). Is there any difference to the european version?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Astroboy, firstly a Big Welcome to another Member from "Oz" to the Forum. This is not a criticism but there are a lot of Facts & Data on the Forum and if you play around with "Search" you can normally find the facts.
If you take a look at these Topics they might be of Interest to you :
"Chassis, Wheels & Tyres" - "Spare Tyre / Gunk / Jack" also "Spare Wheel" or "Full Size Spare" you might find what you need !
I believe you are correct you can take the Flexible Floor out with a Std Spare, but the 2x Floor Boards have to be used at the Higher Level. Please note that here the QQ was delivered with the Compressor / Gunk Setup and we and many others modified this to the "Emergency Spare Wheel" Option (thinner and smaller Dia) where both Floor Options can still be used.
I Hope this helps you - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi astroboy, I also am from Melbourne in the Eastern suburbs, you look as though you down in south Eastern area. Your QQ looks very nice and yes it's lovely to drive. Love everything about it, except the spare. hope I never have to use it.Enjoy your new QQ , I will look out for it when I down that way. Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Sorry astroboy, forgot to mention, my QQ is also a Ti Petrol CVT in Silver [Platinum"]] Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Thanks Dave for your advice and clear explanation. In oz, all cars come with spare wheel as standard(I believe).
After reading the post u referred, make me wonder what size is my spare wheel in the boot. Have to check when I have time. :P
Such a waste of the configurable floor too, as we need to pay extra for the premium grade to get the floor system and its not working as intended. (And my dog keep bumping his head to the roof because I can't lower the floor)
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

[quote="sydswan"]
A Hi astroboy, I also am from Melbourne in the Eastern suburbs, you look as though you down in south Eastern area. Your QQ looks very nice and yes it's lovely to drive. Love everything about it, except the spare. hope I never have to use it.Enjoy your new QQ , I will look out for it when I down that way.A Peter [/QUOTE]

Hi peter,
Nice to see you. I am from western suburb and the pic was taken in Williamstown when I go fishing. Start seeing more QQ on the road now in the past few weeks. Hope the QQ will become the majority on the road and take over the Mazda CX-5 and nice choice with silver colour as my black start catching up the dirt and dust every couple of day. :(