Legal plate

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Word of warning though - we got 'pulled' a while back for none standard plates. With more police cars now fitted with ANPR cameras due to checking for road tax, you may well get stopped. In our case we had 48hrs to get new plates made up, then a mini "MOT " check at a local garage plus having to visit the local nick with all our paperwork. Cost a bit in cash and a lot in time. Total waste of time and money in my opinion but what can you do?
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bobby, after seeing your QQ with those Front Bumper Chrome Corners we had a Financial Meeting and the Missus agreed and gave the nod to order some - so it is done Bobby / Gel, if you have some time then take a look at this Document it might help you with respect to what is allowed and what not - Dave https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-pl ... ber-plates

3 Format of vehicle registration numbers :

The current format for vehicle
registration numbers was introduced on 1 September 2001 for all new vehicles
being registered. The format is two letters, two numbers, a space and three
further letters.

The first two letters are the DVLA memory
tag, the two numbers (the age identifier) indicate the age of the vehicle, and
the last three letters are random.

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

I think Boab's plate is a pre-2001 so would be Year letter, 1-3 digits then space and then a 3 letter location code.In this case N18 OAB. My Dad had similar plates where he "used" an O as a zero and changed the spacing like Boab. Got stopped after about 7 months. Same procedure as me.I'm surprised at the number of "illegal" plates I see around so perhaps the odds are still in your favour!(including one written in a script font parked opposite the local police station )I was told years ago that the chances of being caught were very slim and the fine (then) was only £250. Most of the wideboys of Bristol at the time had "personalised" number plates they just made up!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The plate in question appears to be illegal due to the spacing of the letters and numbers and as such I presume it could fail an MOT.