Mini Detail

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
CraigW

Post by CraigW »

Well collected the car last Wednesday and set about today giving it it's first thorough clean. It took me almost 6.5hrs in between some heavy rain showers but eventually got it finished and very pleased with the results. For cleaning purposes I chose to use the following products

Meguiars NXT car shampoo
Iron X
Gtechniq C2 V3
Gtechniq Smart Fabric
Gtechniq G5 water repellent glass coating
Autoglym Bumper Care

I first gave the car a full wash using a wool mitt and the car shampoo. After this I then applied the Iron X to remove any iron filings which can contaminate the paint whilst the car is in transit. I was pleasantly surprised that the bodywork appeared to be in very good condition and there was little sign of contamination. The wheels did show some signs of contamination but again not a huge amount

I then rewashed the car and dried it down using microfibre cloths. It was then time to apply the C2 V3. I find this an excellent product and is quite easy to apply although does require a fair bit of elbow grease to polish off. The coating lasts for about 8 months and gives great protection against the elements. The beading from the product when raining is very impressive. It can be applied to both the bodywork and wheels.

The next stage was then to apply the water repellent G5. I hadn't used this product before but thought I would stick with Gtechniq. I wouldn't normally be to bothered about glass cleaner but having the pano roof I thought I should use some product to provide a layer of protection. Again it was very simple to apply but a lot of hard work to then wipe off. Having not used this product before I'll be interested to see what the results are like.

I then used Autoglym bumper care on the plastics which I've always found very good and again just a bit more protection.

Final step in the process was to apply the Gtechniq smart fabric to the seats and carpets. Easiest process thank goodness as I was knackered by this point. . You simply give the upholstery a good soaking and leave it to dry. It's really potent stuff but not as smelly as the Iron X. The benefit of this product is that it protect the upholstery from any accidental spillages by not allowing the liquid to soak in. It's s fantastic product and I highly recommend.

The few pictures that I have don't do the car justice but really pleased with the way it turned out. In the sun (which was very little today) the gunmetal grey really sparkles and looks terrific with the pano roof. So my new baby has now been prepared for the soon to arrive different type of baby

Pumpkin_Heed

Post by Pumpkin_Heed »

Good Job! never really used the Gtechniq products before other than using some of the cutting compound for polishing a few years back and gave good results. I like the look of the C2 polish, may have to give this a try! I've just been using Autoglym super resin polish on my Ink Blue QQ and gives quite a good 'wet look'. I'm in love with Dodo Juice products at the minute and found their purple haze pro wax is perfect for my car (plus it smells amazing!) This was after a quick detail using the Autoglym super resin, been a while since I've used it but was impressed. Definitely going to take a look at some of the Gtechniq products though
2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ 1.5dci Ink Blue
CraigW

Post by CraigW »

Your car looks great pal. I used to use Autogym SRP and then apply the High protection gloss afterwards but found it was a bit of a chore to do both stages. The C2 basically does both so only one process involved. I would highly recommend you try it. I m currently using the DoDo juice Tar Remover which is a great product and also has the added bonus of smelling brilliant.