Feb 2015 Arrival!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
manning

Post by manning »

Its Finally Here!I Picked my Qashqai Ti CVT 2.0L petrol (Equivalent of the Tekna in the UK with some differences) up yesterday from Wyong Nissan in NSW, Australia. I'd ordered and been waiting since mid October 2014 for it to arrive. Was happy to see they'd dressed it up like a gift for me (It was a christmas gift to myself after all) .I had custom plates made in matte silver and gloss black to match the wheels, but I blurred them for security in the image.One thing I am disappointed about is there is no DAB Radio function in Australia! What the heck!?? (If anyone knows how/why and how it could be enabled that would be great).Besides that, had a great experience through the whole process. The dealer and salesperson always updated me when they heard details. I hope this will give indicative times to others waiting here in OZ .

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

"Tekna....some differences". How much does it differ? Cheers.
manning

Post by manning »

Differences being:
- No forward Collision Mitigation
- No Traffic Sign Recognition
- No DAB Radio

The rest is the same I believe.
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

Congratulations on you new arrival I pick mine up on Sunday (ordered 16 Nov) so excited
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="manning"]Its Finally Here!One thing I am disappointed about is there is no DAB Radio function in Australia! What the heck!?? (If anyone knows how/why and how it could be enabled that would be great).[/QUOTE]
Is DAB radio broadcasted in Australia now? Check what HW and SW version you have of your Nissan Connect. It could be that DAB is not supported at all (no DAB decoder installed).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
manning

Post by manning »

I will check the specs and post info here. I'm between Sydney and Newcastle and can pickup some DAB on the Reciever at home from Sydney stations.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it! I've put 200kms on mine in 2 days. It's just so fun to drive!
manning

Post by manning »

Okay, here's the info from the service menu on the Connect 2 unit:I hope this helps you, help me
duncho

Post by duncho »

The HW you have the same as us here in Europe. When you keep pressing FM button on the Connect, what can you see? Can you make a short video or describe?

manning

Post by manning »

It just toggles between AM Radio and FM Radio. There's only a list of channels on the left side and a toggle to change from 1-6 to 7-12. and the tune buttons and that generic stuff on screen.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I would ask dealership first, why it is disabled.