Feb 2015 Arrival!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Manning, welcome to the Forum. Nice to see that you were well treated when you received the QQ with a Nice Big Red Bow. What we got was a Big Red Nissan Cover for the Winter but I expect you never see one of them - Enjoy your time with the QQ Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

manning

Post by manning »

Nissan Australia's response is simply "It doesn't have DAB radio. We don't know why it isn't available.", however, I will contact the sales team to see if they can give me an answer.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="manning"] Nissan Australia's response is simply "It doesn't have DAB radio. We don't know why it isn't available.", however, I will contact the sales team to see if they can give me an answer.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could help, but I don't know the answer. It doesn't make sense not to support DAB in Australia when the same frequency range is in use. Check with your dealer and let us know what he tells you. duncho2015-02-27 00:37:26
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
manning

Post by manning »

I just got off the phone to the sales team and the salmon who sold me my QQ told me to keep it on the down low that "The X-Trail has the same Connect 2 Head Unit and it has DAB", and that If I "ask the service department at my 1000km service", they may be able to enable DAB radio. He mentioned he isn't sure how it's done exactly, but that he's heard of it being done before on other models, and its varied from attaching a DAB antenna to the back of the head unit, to modifying the head unit software using the computer system that Nissan uses during servicing.I am probably going in for the first service in 2 weeks or so. I will post an update once i've spoken to the service team.
manning

Post by manning »

Australia is left behind in a lot of areas, simply because most consumers are unaware of what goes on in the rest of the western world in regards to technology access.For example:- We don't have Netflix (Yet, coming soon) and the only available alternative is a company called foxtel for satellite/cable TV. the subscription is up to $150 a month.- Our fastest internet (until very recently) was done through a copper phone line network. Our fastest achievable speeds were around 20 Mbps, however most people were lucky to get half of that.It also doesn't help most services (Grocery stores/electricity/water) are monopolies/duopolies.Cars, however, are one area that is changing. Most European cars were previously only accessible to the 'upper class', however, due to the imminent death of the Australian car industry and the brand flooded market, prices have become more reasonable lately. (Hence why I got a Qashqai!)
duncho

Post by duncho »

Interesting, if it's disabled only because of marketing (support sales of X-Trail) then it's a good news. I was not aware this can be done with Nissan Consult servicing tool. Good luck and keep us updated with this.

PS
I don't know whether Australia is really behind western world, but I could notice this only in bank services. On the other hand, as an occasional visitor of the Great Southern Land I had other impression. Anything you look at in Australia is better organized and works much more efficient than here in Europe. Even talking about technology, I was surprised that DVB-T was so commonly used while here it was just launched. duncho2015-02-27 07:22:54
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Think I could live without DAB as I would spend more time on the beach.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

They blurred your face out - are you wanted?!That's a great looking car in white - enjoy it