windscreen trim

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
moggerman

Post by moggerman »

When i was washing my car recently, i noticed that the plastic trim between the bottom of the windscreen and the back edge of the bonnet had lifted clear ,starting at centre and heading towards the passenger side about 10 mm. no amount of pushing can return it to its normal place. 1.2 tekna in gunmetal only a few months old.Took the car to main dealer in Liverpool and they say that they have taken photos to send to Nissan for permission to replace the windscreen, which had been wrongly fitted!!Totally baffled how this got passed Quality Control in factory and now hoping they wont do any more damage doing the job.There are no leaks accociated with this problem.Has anybody else noticed this on their car?

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

No, but it happens as windscreens are quite often fitted by hand and the trim is just a neat way of covering up the inevitable differences.It will be fine if replaced - I suspect they would take the bonnet off which is more than Autoglass might do so don't fret! :-)
moggerman

Post by moggerman »

thanks for reassurance, do you think its worth mentioning the front sensor that other members have had a problem with? has there actually been a recall?
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

No recall but there is a "bulletin" to do a software re-map for people with this phantom fault.On mine it did frankly did naff all in my case.Mine are "officially" getting replaced only because they managed to reproduce the fault in the garage.Several other people, according to my dealer, have been told to come back when it's failing as they've not reproduced it on site and Nissan are only going to accept "live" faults that they can faff with.The parts on back order so i'm awaiting a call to go have them fitted when they finally arrive.Doesn't fill you with confidence although the service manager does appear to be a decent enough guy.
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Pleased you are getting on with the service manager Richard, seeing as we both us the same dealer. Touch wood I have not had a single issue with my car so far in the 9 months of ownership. Am I lucky, or not as sensitive to faults as others or maybe the first built cars were better put together. So far, original software, with connect , USB, phone DAB radio all fine, no false sensor readings, cameras are fine and not a single rattle or squeak to report. Although I do seem to getting the bum dints in the drivers seat as reported on the other forum
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
moggerman

Post by moggerman »

Had a call from Nissan recently telling me they will not repair my windscreen problem until i bring my car in for safety checks for front laser and tow bar fixing bolts!!1.2 tekna gunmetal june 2014.