Been around the block...

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Seeing as everyone is posting pictures of their new car, I thought I'd uphold the old timers honour on here and post a few of my 'old' girl, first registered at the end of Jan and sporting a healthy 25000 miles she doesn't look too bad for it I guess, apart from needing a wash! Actually I decided to splurge out on some of the money I've saved in my fuel bills and as well as treating myself to four new tyres (to be fitted this week), I bought some wind deflectors and side bars. Anyway after an hour of rolling around and climbing under the car in the December chill this is the result... Jobs I'd like to do (and have the bits for but they can wait till it's a bit warmer outside!), fitting a couple of USB charging points in the back for the kids and I've got four LED strips, two to go in the boot to provide a bit more light and the other two are earmarked for the front footwells to come on with the courtesy lights.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Very nice mate and I do like those side bars, are they easy to fit?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Yes a proverbial piece of to fit but naturaly it would be easier to get the car up off the floor to do it, crawling around on a cold stone chipped covered driveway in December isn't much fun They're from Automotive Enhancements, cost me £160 inc p&p. Will get some pics of what they look like when the doors are open too so you can see what they look like.
Wheelie Bealie2014-12-08 16:41:01
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

My 'old' S-Max (57 plate) had puddle lights in the bottom of the door mirrors that operated on/off with the courtesy lights, quite tempted to get some more LED strips and connect them up under the side bars or on the bottom of the door cards to do something similar... Opinions anyone, or will that look at bit too boy racer/chav or am I just too darned old to do that at 41?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wheeled Bealie, firstly the QQ is looking nice and secondly you are not Old at 41. When we were in Florida the LED Light Scene was a very big thing there but I must say mostly the younger Guys, although at the Shows the tendency was to add LED's under the Bonnet showing off all of the Chrome Fittings.
Everybody to their Own ! if you like it then do it, but in my opinion for what it is worth you can over do it. We have the "Nissan Tekna" Illuminated Kick Plates and I then added Footwell Lighting (Color matschig) and it goes well together but it is not over the Top, not to Bright and is definitely dA¶s not have a Disco effect as I am to Old for that.
The other Option is the Puddle Lighting under the Doors that Lights up the Road that you mentioned, if you start installing LED's under the Bars as an after effect will they be water proofed or in fact Legal, on all the time with Lights or would this just be an entry Aid ? The Illuminated Bars available normally have inbuilt sealed lighting I think.
Again if you like this Addition then just do it ! - Best of Luck Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I do have kick plates but they're not illuminated, however I do like the idea of having puddle lights again like I had on my S-Max, they were for entry/exit puroposes and that is all I would want them for on this car, certainly don't want them on all the time the ignition is on otherwise I'll find myself gravitating towards McD's car park on a Friday night chav fest!Think I'll concentrate more on the extra boot lighting first as that's much more useful, time to plan out the cable runs this weekend and try to get an OEM looking instal, can't stand 'loose' wires! As it happens Dave I'm just a mechanical engineer who does like a little tinker here and there, I do have a couple of other projects lined up that will probably take me away from tinkering with the QQ. For example I (& my 15 year old son) are in the planning and sourcing stages of making up an electric trials motorcycle so we can also practice in the garden and not annoy the neighbours, having said that, I'll be keeping both the petrol bikes... nothing like a petrol engine being ragged to an inch of it's life
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Id like to see the results of your extra boot lighting when its done ad the standard light is totally useless. Ive never understood why they dont put a light under the bonnet that comes on when the bonnet is lifted. I had one on a Vauxhall Astra 25 years ago and although it was only small it was better than nothing.