QQ with winter tyres

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

F1 Bob, nice job those Winter Alloy Wheels look a real treat on your QQ and goes great with the color. When we ordered our QQ in April we wanted to also use our Juke Wheels but we were told by the Dealer & the Manufacturer that our wheels had no ABE (Type Approval) in Germany for the new J11 QQ. So we ended up with "Steelies" not overly impressed with the looks. In fact yesterday I was pricing out some 17" that I fancied (have not told the Financial Director yet !) - Dave 215/60R17 96H Tyres
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="F1 Bob"]UK cars with LED do not have power washing, the old model with Xenons did. We do not have this feature on our Tekna so is obviously not a requirement for UK.[/QUOTE]
I wonder what the logic is with that difference in rules? I would have thought that LED lights have at least the same ability to dazzle as Xenon HID units.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Thanks Dave. All the work was done by our dealer. They checked and advised the wheels were ok to go on the QQ. We don't have type approval her as you do in Germany so it was just a case of making sure they would fit correctly. In my opinion all Nissan alloys are much the same in spec, just size and styles differ.I do like the look of those wheels you are considering. They would look very nice on your white QQ.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

F1 Bob While I carry on thinking about buying a Qashqai one question. When you fitted the winter tyres on the Juke wheels did you have to fit those pesky and expensive valves that make the pressure monitoring work. If you didn't what happens to the system? We currently use winter tyres on our Kia Ceed and have done for many years on most of our cars. On the Ceed we use Soul wheels which are exactly the same dimensions as the Ceed ones. Interesting to know Juke wheels are suitable, it doubles your chance of getting a set. Thanks.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Acenta, I have just had my "Steelies" fitted with the Winter Tyres and unfortunately you have no option anymore you have to install the TPMS Valves otherwise it will be a fail for the MOT or here the T£V. From the 1st Nov all cars have to be fitted with the TPMS System and these Valves.
Regarding the Juke Wheels you will find that Nissan tend to us a Std No. Of Holes 5 and a Std Pitch of 114,3mm (PCD). There should be a wider range of wheels available for the Juke sizes as against for eg the 19" Tekna Wheels - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]unfortunately you have no option anymore you have to install the TPMS Valves otherwise it will be a fail for the MOT[/QUOTE]
Not bothered about the MOT. It will be 3 years after buying the car and since we normally get a car in either spring or summer the winter tyres would have been taken off the car before it was taken to the garage. All that bothers me is potentially upsetting the cars electronics. Been driving over 40 years and during that time I have managed to check my tyre pressures with a gauge on a regular basis. A BMW I had did have TPMS but that used the ABS sensors and simply gave a warning if one tyre pressure was 30 % lower than the rest. If all 4 tyres went down together it would never warn you. Even with a fancy TPMS I would still carry out my regular checks.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Acenta, I have just had my "Steelies" fitted with the Winter Tyres and unfortunately you have no option anymore you have to install the TPMS Valves otherwise it will be a fail for the MOT or here the T£V. From the 1st Nov all cars have to be fitted with the TPMS System and these Valves.Regarding the Juke Wheels you will find that Nissan tend to us a Std No. Of Holes 5 and a Std Pitch of 114,3mm (PCD). There should be a wider range of wheels available for the Juke sizes as against for eg the 19" Tekna Wheels - Dave[/QUOTE]
DB - While it's true what you say regarding the PCD and the number of studs you do also need to consider the wheel offset, it may be that between the Juke and the QQ it's the same but nonetheless will still need checking otherwise you run the risk of tyre rub on full lock etc.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)