My new Qashqai

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="MJCQQ"]That second image truly demonstrates how small the QQ is for an alleged large car. My wife's Mini Countryman is actually more practical and has more room in the back seats. The boot may be smaller on paper but the layout means we can fit our large pushchair into it without having to remove the pram's roll-bar, or remove the parcel shelf. The build quality is noticeably higher in the Mini as well, especially around the door seals. Though I still prefer the QQ to drive as it is more refined.Sorry if this is sacrilege around here but while I think the QQ is a great car, there are lots of areas I can see how Nissan knock one of these out every 60 seconds. It's a lovely looking, refined car and the cabin does have lots of quality materials and feel. It's not the quality of the materials, it's the build quality that let it down in many areas.

[/QUOTE]
I had no build quality issues with the previous Juke and have gone through this Qashqai with a critical eye and can see absolutely no issues with this one either. Time will tell, but at the moment I see no difference in build quality between this Qashqai and my 18 month old Honda CRV. The CRV and the Audi Q7 are equally well built as far as I can see and neither Juke nor CRV had tyre wear/wheel-alignment problems that plagued the early life of the Q7. In size, the Qashqai is just a bit bigger than the Juke and just a bit smaller than my CRV. Quite a bit smaller than the previous Q7 on the outside, but the inside of the Q7 was surprisingly cramped, even in the boot, partly due to the third row seats that ate into the height.I wanted a small car. The Qashqai is on the limit of size that my wife and daughter found acceptable for this role. Both would have happily bought another Juke, but I persuaded them that this model was better value than another Juke Tekna.We put a high priority on buying British where possible. My business relies on British customers and I believe it is important to support British workers in British jobs where a competitive product meets my requirements. Having said that, this is my fifth Nissan but only the second British built model. The others were Spanish built. Very satisfied with all of them.

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

I'm not complaining that it's too small, I did my homework and accepted the minor limitations the QQ gave me. It is a perfect size for me and my wife who does drive it on occasion.Re the quality control issues. It took me only a few days to notice the rubber seals around the doors are not attached very well. After less than a few weeks there were two fairly bad rattles that I managed to sort myself thanks to info from this forum.Airbox rattle.Dashboard rattle related to side panel on the dash.It has now developed the dreaded heat shield rattle and will need to go back to the dealer for this to get sorted. On more than a few occasions I have had to re-attach some of this door seal rubber as it was hanging loose. Are these issues a deal breaker for me? Absolutely not because the QQ is one of the most refined and nicest cars I have ever driven.It looks great inside and out and is a very comfortable place to be on a daily grind/commute. I no longer enjoy driving, it is that thing I have to do because I need to get from A to B and back to A. So when I pick a car it needs to be somewhere nice to sit.My QQ kicks my previous Tiguan in the nuts and gives it a wedgie as far as nice place to be and refinement goes.

MJCQQ2014-11-17 08:32:22