She's Arrived....and now chromed!!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="cp30"]Hi biggster,The car looks awesome - just taken delivery of our black Tekna and we have the Style pack and Chrome premium pack ready to fit. Can you offer any advice on how to remove the wing mirrors as we're struggling a bit and don't want to break them.Thankscp[/QUOTE]
Hey there - I used an iPod opening tool and pried around the edge of the covers. I ended up snapping off the main plastic clips on the existing black covers, rendering them useless! I figure it isn't a problem because I won't want to use them again, and if I do, I can glue them in place. I was a bit daunted by the idea of fitting all the chrome, but it turned out to be quite an easy process. Good luck with everything, hope it goes well - definitely post some pictures when you have added everything :)Cheers
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...

cp30

Post by cp30 »

Thanks for the advice - will give it a go - hoping to try and avoid snapping the existing ones as I'd like to keep that as spares but will see how I go.Thanks againcp
biggster

Post by biggster »

How did you get on?
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
cp30

Post by cp30 »

Hi,Work's been manic so not had the chance yet unfortunately - will do - although the Mrs still in 2 minds if she likes the chrome mirrors so will have to see if they get approval once they're on (another reason why I need to not break the orginals! lol). Another quick question - what tape did you use to hold on the chrome fittings to hold in place while they were initially sticking?Thanks
biggster

Post by biggster »

I didn't really! I pushed them on good & hard and prepped the surfaces with rubbing alcohol on some kitchen towel. I used this stuff: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BENJAMIN-RUBBIN ... g+alcoholI used some electrical tape on the rear boot strip whilst it was "curing", but I don't really think that this did anything, to be honest. Touch wood, everything is still on the car! Good luck.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

In my case I just used some masking tape I had.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
cp30

Post by cp30 »

Thanks for the tips. My plan for the chrome parts is to clean, clay, dry, then attach all the chrome and then give it it's first wax, just need to waiting for the right weather and enough time - it looks great now so very excited about it once that's all done :D
cp30

Post by cp30 »

Hi again,Today was the day - weather seemed good and not too cold and no rain threatened so set about the clay-bar, chrome work and then first wax - really pleased with the results - you will notice, however from the pictures that the better-half decided that she didn't want to go for the chrome mirrors so looks like they'll be going onto eBay Hope pics come out ok, here goes....Thanks for the tips (I'll try and sneak the mirrors on without her noticing maybe!) :)Cheers
cp302014-09-28 22:58:02
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Looks great cp30. Keep the mirrors they will really look good. What wax did you use?Chelseablue2014-09-28 23:06:15
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
biggster

Post by biggster »

Well played! I think the black needs some chrome to lift it. I don't think the Chrome mirrors are too much - but I'm biased, I suppose!