She's Arrived....and now chromed!!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I use the dude down my local Sainsbury's, he charged me £10 for a wash, wax and polish and TBH he did a bl00dy good job of it too, took my car into my local stealer for the 18k service last Friday and they did a courtesy wash and vacum and to be fair made a right balls up of the wash part of things, it was dirtier than when it went in and was handed back covered in water marks where they hadn't dried it off - Boo!
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
I use the dude down my local Sainsbury's, he charged me £10 for a wash, wax and polish and TBH he did a bl00dy good job of it too, took my car into my local stealer for the 18k service last Friday and they did a courtesy wash and vacum and to be fair made a right balls up of the wash part of things, it was dirtier than when it went in and was handed back covered in water marks where they hadn't dried it off - Boo! [/QUOTE]
Thanks - what colour is your car? Black is the most sensitive to scratches/swirl marks from dirty cloths, chamois leathers, etc.
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
I use the dude down my local Sainsbury's, he charged me £10 for a wash, wax and polish and TBH he did a bl00dy good job of it too, took my car into my local stealer for the 18k service last Friday and they did a courtesy wash and vacuum and to be fair made a right balls up of the wash part of things, it was dirtier than when it went in and was handed back covered in water marks where they hadn't dried it off - Boo! [/QUOTE]That had me ROFL Had a 'courtesy wash and valet' at my dealership yesterday...it consisted of an apprentice throwing a cup of water onto the roof and then opening both front doors to let a gentle breeze stir any surface dust !I had a black Mondeo previously and left it too often to the 'tender' care of the guys at the local 'wash and scratch' The swirl marks would have competed with a Jackson Pollack monochrome masterpiece! I've just tried to build up a really good coat of wax and now just give it a weekly wash with Autoglym shampoo using a sheepskin mitt and two bucket system, rinse with a hose and dry with a big micro towel. I know it's a pain but unfortunately, as you rightly say, black looks great but marks more easily than any other colour....... that's the price we pay for going over to the 'dark side'
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
biggster

Post by biggster »

Foxy G - thanks for the info. If I had the car fully detailed now, would it prevent swirls and marks from forming from washing down the local human car wash, do you think? Would the polish/wax prevent damage, to a degree? Cheers
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
sunnydelightimy

Post by sunnydelightimy »

livin the dream!!!.......very nice
Regards

Imy
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

[quote="biggster"]Foxy G - thanks for the info. If I had the car fully detailed now, would it prevent swirls and marks from forming from washing down the local human car wash, do you think? Would the polish/wax prevent damage, to a degree? Cheers[/QUOTE]I imagine it would reduce the effect of the "human car wash" but wouldn't expect it to give total protection from swirling and scratches. In reality I suppose the best compromise is to use a restorative wax if you start to notice any marks and try to clear them before they build up.As I'm retired and have more time available (don't tell my wife!) I've got the luxury of doing my own cleaning etc, when I was working I left it to the 'local human car wash' so can understand your dilemma. At the end of the day (or when you come to part ex or sell) will it make a big difference in the value? Probably not .....Now I must get back to snow foaming my Zimmer frame
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

biggster, nice looking QQ ! One thing you will never be disappointed in and that is fitting Chrome parts to "Black" paintwork it gives a stunning effect. We just sold our Black Juke Tekna with Chrome and it was a shame to get rid of it but we do have the QQ now - so keep it up Dave ?Y‘?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
biggster

Post by biggster »

Thanks Dave - yes I'm really pleased with her! I saw a gunmetal version yesterday and have to say that I prefer the black. The chrome sets it off a treat and was very easy to fit. Cheers!
cp30

Post by cp30 »

Hi biggster,The car looks awesome - just taken delivery of our black Tekna and we have the Style pack and Chrome premium pack ready to fit. Can you offer any advice on how to remove the wing mirrors as we're struggling a bit and don't want to break them.Thankscp
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="FoxyG"][quote="biggster"]Foxy G - thanks for the info. If I had the car fully detailed now, would it prevent swirls and marks from forming from washing down the local human car wash, do you think? Would the polish/wax prevent damage, to a degree? Cheers[/QUOTE]I imagine it would reduce the effect of the "human car wash" but wouldn't expect it to give total protection from swirling and scratches. In reality I suppose the best compromise is to use a restorative wax if you start to notice any marks and try to clear them before they build up.As I'm retired and have more time available (don't tell my wife!) I've got the luxury of doing my own cleaning etc, when I was working I left it to the 'local human car wash' so can understand your dilemma. At the end of the day (or when you come to part ex or sell) will it make a big difference in the value? Probably not .....Now I must get back to snow foaming my Zimmer frame [/QUOTE]
Haha Foxy - thanks for the info, I definitely want to protect my paint as best as I can... Weighing up my options. Cheers