She's Arrived....and now chromed!!

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
cp30

Post by cp30 »

[quote="Chelseablue"]Looks great cp30. Keep the mirrors they will really look good. What wax did you use?[/QUOTE]
I went for Meguiars for both clay and wax...Meguiars - Quik Clay Starter Kithttp://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/194/Quik-Cla ... t/Meguiars - Ultimate Liquid Waxhttp://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products ... quid/Found the clay process really easy and worthwhile even though it's only a week old there were some parts where it pulled off a fair amount.Decided on the Ultimate liquid wax as I liked the sound of it not staining the plastic trim and the option of wax on/wax off (3-5 mins) or wax the whole car and then remove - Also liked how hlepful Meguiars were when I contacted them for advice and the fact that they didn't try and sell me extra stuff (like polish) as they said that using the ultimate liquid wax should be enough as it contains polishing oils, would have been easy for them to make some more money from me, but I appreciated that customer service.Needed some elbow-grease to remove the wax but well worth it, looks great and already had comments from neighbours etc - very happy. Oh yeah, I also like the fact that you get all the stuff you need in the packs from meguirars. I only used half a clay bar and maybe half the detailer spray so plenty left for next time.Cheers for comments - I'll keep working on getting those mirror caps on! ;)cp

Wendle

Post by Wendle »

If you do add the chrome mirrors you'll pretty much have an exact replica of my QQ, when it finally arrives! So glad you have posted pictures as it looks great and will keep me going for the 4 weeks or so until mine is here.
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Hi, im also potentially looking at fitting the chrome covers to my QQ.Is the correct way of doing this, by taking the actual mirror off and pushing the existing cover out from inside the wing mirror (if that makes sense?)or can you do it from literally prising the existing cover off all from outside?many thanks
biggster

Post by biggster »

I just ripped them off from the outside. It did break a couple of retaining tabs in each mirror cover, but i thought that the chrome ones would stay in place. If i did need to put the originals back, I could always glue them.

IIRC the actual Nissan instructions you get wit the chrome covers tell you to rip them off from the outside.

Good luck - the result is worth it ;)
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
biggster

Post by biggster »

Oh, and i pried around the outside of the mirrors first using a plastic ipod opening tool!
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Thanks.

I might ask nissan if they can do it when I take the car back for some paint work rectification.

I would have thought there would have been a way to change the covers without breaking the securing clips.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Has anyone volunteered to their insurance coy, when they've fitted Chrome bling?I'll probably do at renewal, otherwise Admiral charge £19.95 for any mods notified
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Aviva said no change when I fitted a grill as it makes no difference to performance.I would expect the same for chrome trim.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
biggster

Post by biggster »

Thought I'd update this thread because I've now part-exchanged the QQ for something different... a BMW ActiveHybrid 3 M Sport! The main reasons for changing:

- I wanted an automatic. I live in SE London and changing gear all the time got tiresome in traffic
- I don't like Diesel engines and what they are doing to the air quality in London, so I wanted a petrol
- I am very into music, and the sound quality of the setup in the QQ is very bad
- I wanted a bit more poke - the 1.5dCi is good enough, but there is a definite gap in power delivery between 1000 - 1400 RPM or so

However - there are many plus points that I really liked about the QQ, including the looks, value, practicality, kit/toys, panoramic roof, etc. If Nissan did a premium version with a powerful petrol engine (perhaps the 200bhp 1.6 from the Juke Nismo?), conventional automatic gearbox, vastly improved sound system then I would be very tempted to have another one. I doubt that Nissan will build such a car to avoid competing with the Infiniti line up. I looked at them but I don't have an Infiniti centre near me and I don't think they are particularly good looking cars.

I traded in at Cargiant with about 7500 miles on the clock and got £16,250. My car was in immaculate condition., so not a great price, but not too bad either. Cargiant are very stingy with their trade in values, but to compensate, their retail prices are excellent.

So - farewell all! Thanks for all your help and advice. I wish you all years of enjoyment from your QQs - they are fantastic cars!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Congrats, I hope you enjoy your new Beemer!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic