Berlin Tekna - Interior Lighting Conversion

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks you may have stopped a disaster. What if I connect the wires directly from the light itself ?
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum

duncho

Post by duncho »

That's what I'm trying to say, but if you connect it to a bulb directly, it won't be operating correctly, because of switch by which you can turn the light OFF manually. You need to connect it before the switch, which is one of those 3 wires I mentioned at the very beginning.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Dave, you sound as though you are upset , I didn't mean to go over your head, as though I was trying to cover all angles.Not having ever owned a Non Aussie built car , I wasn't sure as to how the electrics worked.With all these overseas vehicles that are now coming into our country, from different manufactures'the electrics are different.So please accept my appologies , as I didn't mean to upset anybody. Peter
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Peter,
I don't think Dave is upset, don't worry. So, how did you go? Have you got your car and mod done already?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, hold on I am not upset and no apologies are needed that is why I posted the information. You might well have read it wrong when I mentioned "Donkey Work", what I was saying was I done the mechanical side and installation work and Nissan connected the wires in the correct place. I am and never will be a "Sparky" that is why I get the "Profis" to do it. In the case of duncho he does have the Expertise & Electronics knowledge to advise. So really everthing is fine with me and I am always there to try and help - over to you Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks for that Dave, I am glad that you are not upset, and yes I did take it the wrong way. Sorry I am looking to get hold of a wiring diagram of the Aussie version of 2015 QQ ,as I plan to do it myself. Not if I mentioned in my profile, but I am a retired Sparky, and am just wanting some guidance. Glad all is good with you. Peter
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi duncho, no I haven't got my car as yet, another 3 to 4 weeks I suspect sooner I hope. I saw my dealer yesterday Monday 13th To get some questions answered . I am after a wiring diagram for QQ's lighting system and a workshop manual on CD. He couldn't give me an answer on either. The reason I want the diagram is so that I can locate the correct wire/s to connect to when I install the under dash and door lights. You said in one of your responses to my questions that I need to connect to the BCM module, which I believe is behind the glove box. Is this true and hoe do I go about it's removal and locating the correct wire/s ? Dave told me that you are the man to set me straight. Peter
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Peter,you can connect it to BCM but I wouldn't do so. The easiest and fastest is to connect it to courtesy light or M54 connector that is located on driver's right hand side at bottom. Here is the wiring of M54 connector you may use if you are not happy to use connection to courtesy light ;-)Harness layout: uploads/770/M54_Layout.JPGConnector shape: uploads/770/M54.JPG

duncho2015-04-14 09:03:00

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks again duncho, I can't stop looking at these diagrams. On looking at the schematic of the M54 connector. Will I have to increase the fuse rating from 10A to say 15A. or leave as is ? Peter