Berlin Tekna is there

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Definitely adds that 'premium' touch to the car Dave. Thanks
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

The shark fin looks much better - all you need now is some running boards :-)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Looks great Dave, I only wish it would work properly in the Uk, but my tests proved it did not. Maybe after the changes to DAB in August there may be better all round reception.Like you, I have had nothing but compliments about the look of my QQ from other owners and no one thinks it is over the top, they just think it is the exclusive top of the range model (which of course it is )
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

rm0rgan, we have thought about these but when entering and especially exiting is there a problem with scuffing the backs of your legs of in fact tripping. I am not a Shortie, Old baut Fit and I had a problem on my brother's Q7 & my brother-in-laws Jeep Grand Cherokee, I was not sure whether to use the step or just jump ?Y?‹
John, thanks for your comments - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kitus

Post by kitus »

DaveBerlin wrote:rm0rgan, we have thought about these but when entering and especially exiting is there a problem with scuffing the backs of your legs of in fact tripping. I am not a Shortie, Old baut Fit and I had a problem on my brother's Q7 & my brother-in-laws Jeep Grand Cherokee, I was not sure whether to use the step or just jump ?Y?‹
John, thanks for your comments - Dave
Dave, have you updated this mod since 2015? I'm also looking for a shark fin antenna for my 2015 x-trail, and I'm torn between doing it right (aka, go with Nissan's OEM offering), or simply go with the model you reported on earlier. Are you still happy with the VG product?

Thank you
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

kitus, there is really nothing to report it is still working well and looks much neater than the Std Antenna IMHO. This is the second one I have installed the other was on our Juke Tekna. Again this is not a DAB Antenna but for us it works. Also the Nissan OEM Antenna if you look in the Catologues states in small print not DAB Compatible. Our Dealer did develope a DAB version as a test for the X-Trail but they wanted Funny Money for one and I then installed the VG Version which is easy to install, nicely manufactured and sprayed in the OEM Color - If you need any more info' just ask ! - Dave :)
PS : I have not gone with the Side Steps !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kitus

Post by kitus »

duncho wrote:Hi Dave, thank you for update on this and your time when you did signal comparison for me. I am shocked to read how much they charged customer for the antenna and installation, because you can buy Calearo antenna for a‚¬59,- and in my opinion a‚¬50,- for labour is reasonable cost. At the end, a‚¬110,- compare to a‚¬370,-

Dave, I'm not surprised they didn't make signal test, no one will bother if it's not his own car. Would be good to know who is the owner of T32 and his opinion on reception. I will try to find out, if I'm lucky.

Link to buy the antenna for a‚¬59,-
http://www.schlauer-shop24.de/epages/61 ... cale=de_DE
Do you happen to know anybody who has mounted this specific antenna? I must say that from the product description, it looks rather complete, right? Considering it myself
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

kitus, the reason I went VG also was because this Antenna is basically a Shell with an electrical connection and some 3M Tape and the job is done. I did not want to get into dropping the Roof Lining etc. The Electrical "Genius" on the Forum is "Duncho" and I believe he installed this Antenna with modifications, I am sure he will pick up this point and make a statement for you on this. The X-Trails that were modified were Dealer Models - Dave ;)
kitus

Post by kitus »

DaveBerlin wrote:kitus, the reason I went VG also was because this Antenna is basically a Shell with an electrical connection and some 3M Tape and the job is done. I did not want to get into dropping the Roof Lining etc. The Electrical "Genius" on the Forum is "Duncho" and I believe he installed this Antenna with modifications, I am sure he will pick up this point and make a statement for you on this. The X-Trails that were modified were Dealer Models - Dave ;)
Thanks for your prompt answer Dave. I've been carefully reading this post and also the datasheet of the antenna you have chosen, because I'm very concerned with making the right choice. Let me elaborate on this because it is in everyone's will to make the right decisions always I guess :)

Unlike you I guess, I've been having troubles with FM reception on my car since I bought it. The FM radio sounds "dirty" (in comparison with my wife's MB Sportcoupe). I've contacted with Nissan Customer Care and they are clueless when it comes to this sort of subjective problems. Since I recently bought this Roof Rack, I need to replace the standard antenna with a shorter one, otherwise every time I use the Rack, the stock antenna gets bent. Here is where the Shark antenna comes into play, and while installing yours looks really appealing because installing it looks pretty quick, and from a visual point of view, it even matches your car's color, it concerns me to aggravate what is currently going on in my system.

On the other hand, the antenna by Calero seems to be more solvent (can't find a better word). I have the feeling that from an electrical point of view, electrical impedances and all that stuff may have better results if I go with this one. I would love to hear from Duncho.

Anyhow, if your antenna isn't that expensive, it may be worth trying before tearing apart the roof lining :)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Correct me if im wrong, but im sure DaveBerlin had to pay substamtially extra to have the sharksfin lainted to match his vehicle. It doesnt come colour matched as standard.