Hood Deflector Install Photos

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
iMike

Post by iMike »

Remove blue plastic pegs holding rubber at 2 locationsApply sticky rubberised pads and then slide metal clips at marked locationDeflector clips into place2 pugs are pushed into holes already under bonnet then screw in to make secure
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks for that, great information Mike and it looks good on white. Will you have problems with dirt and water running down the bonnet and sticking behind it?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
iMike

Post by iMike »

Surprisingly there is quite a gap on top edge so not really sitting tight on top of bonnet, checked instructions twice to make sure its fitted correctly. perhaps someone else who has one fitted could clarify the same.
Swiftlar

Post by Swiftlar »

Cheers Mike, been looking at getting this. Looks really nice with the white
Proud owner of a 1.2 dig-t tekna in nightshade..... It's superb! :-)
RobDan

Post by RobDan »

Funny that you just posted this thread, I fitted my hood deflector to my white QQ yesterday.

It looks great on white IMHO
1.5 dCi Acenta Premium Storm White
iMike

Post by iMike »

[quote="RobDan"]Funny that you just posted this thread, I fitted my hood deflector to my white QQ yesterday.It looks great on white IMHO[/QUOTE]
Do you have a gap along top of bonnet, i thought it would sit flush to the bonnet, more like a bonnet bra?
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

What is the benefit of this, or is it just cosmetic? (serious question)

If it's to protect the leading edge of the bonnet from stone chips, is that really a major problem? Until my QQ arrives I'm still driving a 2007 Golf that we've had from new. It's got 125k miles on the clock and the front bonnet edge is lower than the QQ's (and so is nearer the road surface). I've not got any stone chips on the leading edge to speak of, and nor were there any on my mx5 that I had for 16 years until last year.

Or am I missing something here?
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
iMike

Post by iMike »

I liked the look of it but its meant to protect the front edge i suppose
Silbo7

Post by Silbo7 »

Looks like Bet Lynch with dodgy lipstick, Turned a shark into a Dolphin. Why change the face of a beauty?
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Looks better with it imo, no problem with dirt getting trapped etc if it anything like the one for the previous model as its designed to fit leaving plenty of spece between it & the bonnet.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2