New Car - Qashqai "Black Edition"

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
sduk

Post by sduk »

Hocki wrote:How hard were the skid plates at front and rear to fit ?
simple, line them up, use some of the original bumper clips and screws to fit. Took less than 5 mins.

sduk

Post by sduk »

Hound wrote:Don't you find the Heko deflectors increase wind noise in the cabin?
slightly, doesn't really bother me. I love the way they look and have had them on quite a few cars.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks! They certainly suit the black beast...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

I was interested in the answer to Hounds question too; I had Hekos on my Honda Civic and they were spot-on, but on the Volvo C30 they definitely increased wind noise and I also had to fit extra clips to stop them sagging. The C30 does have very long doors/windows due to being a two-door but on the Civ they were worthwhile.

Regards
Dave
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I had them on the QQ for 48 hours and took them off, Dave. I wondered whether it was just me, so asked sduk. I suspect it's me being fussy. I have a virtually brand new set if you want some!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Hound wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:20 pm I had them on the QQ for 48 hours and took them off, Dave. I wondered whether it was just me, so asked sduk. I suspect it's me being fussy. I have a virtually brand new set if you want some!
That would be rather excellent Hound, would you like to PM me price p&p etc?

Regards

Dave
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Hi Sammy,
The car looks great where did you get those running boards from are they standard or aftermarket not looked into them but they look good and how hard are they to fit and do they require drilling underneath?
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Flann, take a look at this old post it might help you - Dave ;)

Gel posted a website for the Running Boards there are a lot available there : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4897&p=44576&hilit ... rds#p44574
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sduk

Post by sduk »

Flann90 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:53 pm Hi Sammy,
The car looks great where did you get those running boards from are they standard or aftermarket not looked into them but they look good and how hard are they to fit and do they require drilling underneath?
hey, thanks! I got the running boards from ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-RUN ... SwT6pVwhrA

They were really easy to fit. The kit I got comes witih everything. You just remove a couple of plastic plugs and fit the mounting bracket, then attach the metal bar that the step then bolts onto. No drilling required.

The only bit of DIY that is required is you need to trim a small part of the plastic undertray to get access to the rear mounting point. I just used a grinder to keep it neat but you could easily trim it with a hacksaw.

If you need any more info or help to fit them just let me know :)
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Thanks there the best looking side steps I've seen so far another one to add to the list lol
Qashqai j11 1.6 dci 4x4 Magnetic Red