5 days from order to delivery!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
billy2shots

Post by billy2shots »

Back in March I test drove the new Qashqai but was also looking at a number of other cars. I liked the nissan for the huge value it represented however it was going toe to toe with the likes of BMW x5, X3 and Range Rover Sport and Evoque which were also on my stupidly long short list.Having spent the next couple of months looking at everything I decided I couldn't spend £30-£35k on a second hand car that was 2-3 years old when the Qashqai would ft my needs perfectly and leave me with a bundle of cash to spend on other areas of my life (now spent!)Decision made so it was back down the local dealers for a test drive and to bash some numbers.I new the 1.2 Dig-T was the engine choice for me as 99% of my driving is around town on very short trips (I work 1.5 miles from my house and all family and friends are very close). My last 4/5 cars have all been 220bhp plus, so like many I was worried about the power side of things. To be honest the 1.2 is fine for my time of life, having two young kids now my racing days are behind me.Anyway, enough of the waffle. I said I wanted the car but was told orders are backed up until mid to late August at which point I may as well wait for September 1st.Looking on the net revealed this was the the norm so I wasn't prepared to wait that long for what is a main stream car (no offence to anyone).The date is now Saturday 24th of May and it was time to get busy. The goal was to get my hands on a brand new Gun Metal Grey Tekna 1.2 within the next month.I shot off a few e-mails and made 5 or 6 phone calls and bingo! I had found a car!Not yet at the dealers, but a car that ticked all the boxes was being delivered to a dealer 95 miles away. It was going to be their demo car but was not registered or PDI'd yet. I will take that thank you very much!Given the situation my wiggle room for negotiating was as tight as a nats **** but by Sunday 25th of May I had managed £1100 off which was all I was going to get from them.Fast forward 5 days to Friday 30th of May and I'm driving home in my new car!!!!So remember guys, your local dealer is not your only dealer.Happy waiting.

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Hello Billy, welcome to the forum
tekna cvt mag red
ferris

Post by ferris »

Good work sir! Sounds a good balance between speed of purchase and price
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Welcome, must be a record.
Johnnie Q
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Show off.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
billy2shots

Post by billy2shots »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Only downside is i am currently having my front drive, drains and garden worked on so it's been sitting in my garage at work for the last few days and possibly the next week or so.