Buy a Car orders

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

what prices have you been quoted by the dealer and buyacar ??

BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]You are probably getting the best price Cbear. You can't expect the best service and priority when you are trading on the edge of the dealer network, you know, guys who invest millions in a bricks and mortar dealership where you go for information and a test drive, before shunning the dealer in favour of a few quid savings.[/QUOTE]
LOL I saved £5000 off list price going through a broker. Ordered at the end of Jan and received end of May. My local dealer would not budge £1 from the price and even offered me an awful px value on my old car (it was £1000 below even webuyanycars valuation) needless to say I got more for it 5 months later. All in, taking into account the extra on the PCP, I've saved £7000 over 3 years. I'm sure your local dealer loves you and gives you a bunch of flowers for the Mrs as you drive away.
Black 1.2 Dig-T
Cbear

Post by Cbear »

Well here's an interesting story. As I previously said, I ordered the tekna 1.5 manual mid February through buy-a-car for 8-10 week delivery, which was then changed to mid May, mid June, mid July and just now mid august. So every month I'm getting frustrated, but keep telling myself it's the price you pay for ordering a car that's in such high demand, and also for going through an internet company (due to the discounted price) and therefore loosing the benefits of buying from a dealer who can pull strings with Nissan and get cancellation orders for you, support on your doorstop, face to face sale etc... In the beginning I was happy to accept the delays for the reduced price, however Ive now ended up cancelling my order as the wait is incredible and I had no faith I will even see my car in the flesh ever because every month I'd just get pushed back yet another month.
Afterwards, my parents went to Nissan one afternoon to test drive the qashqai, juke and note as my mum wants a new car, so I randomly thought I'd tag along in the test drive. Good excuse to see the qashqai again!. I got chatting to the sales man and I start questioning him about all of the things I've heard and read on this site about the delays - tekna, wheels, tekna leather mainly. He said he has heard nothing like this from Nissan and it is sheerly due to the high demand. When back in the show room he asks what I paid and I told him. He explains that he can't match what I paid, and I said I didn't expect him to be able to as he is a dealer with overheads etc. He comes back with his calculator and overs me a brand new one, for a bit more money, delivered on 21st July. He just so happened to have one on order in the exact colour and model I wanted that no one has bought yet. So after waiting 5 months for the tekna, I just so happened to catch the dealer on the right day, and receive the car 10 days later.
I was talking to him about the frustrations of reading that some people like me are waiting 5 months, and some people are ordering much later and already have their cars, when surely the people waiting the longest should be offered the cars first. He explained that within his order list, cancellations are offered as they appear and they always try to get people their orders ASAP, the earlier the better! I also mentioned that I was never given a specific date, only 'mid-July' and he said that all official dealership orders are given an actual date and Nissan very rarely miss these dates, and if they do it's by 1-2 days, never months!! I'm expecting to find out my number plate tomorrow, and have even been told today they car may be delivered 1-2 days early.
Buy-a-car were very understanding of my position and without hesitation offered my deposit back in full and apologised for the delay. I was a little worried that i wouldn't get my deposit back, but Owen who I've been speaking to all along was excellent and very professional. So although it is not buy-a-cars fault, for me, paying a bit extra and going direct through the dealer has paid off. Really hope everyone else gets their car soon, and Nissans order list starts to shrink to a manageable quota!!
korky

Post by korky »

Great news Cbear...only hours to go now
mikeburton1955

Post by mikeburton1955 »

I ordered a tekna 1.5 in March from Buyacar with initial delivery estimate of mid June which changed to Jul now mid August. At no time did they let me know without me enquiring. Very disappointed with their service so far and no explanation given as to the cause of delay. I am beginning to feel they are only interested in easy money.

Ordered Tekna 1.5 dCi in Gun Metal from Buyacar.co.uk on 18th March, delivery expected mid June
Kris

Post by Kris »

I to am buying via buy a car and like others have had it put back to mid August, I have asked now for September to get the new plate. I am not happy but I cannot see buy a car deliberately not supplying cars as they will not get rich on a £500 deposit! They will not get paid until cars are in dealers, I would be a lot more nervous if they had the full money and then kept moving dates.. It does seem that cars are now starting to come through more and there must be a good number of people who have canceled there order due to a wait which means dealers will have more cars to sell with quick delivery. I would be interested in what " a bit more money" actually is? If prepaid to say ( understand if you do not want to) but the nearest a dealer has come is £2.5k difference to buy a car.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

still waiting for an update, did go to my local dealer, the new year they told me , no discount.steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Would somebody be good enough to explain or give a breakdown of these tremendous saving mentioned here. BournemouthQQ mentions 5000 / 7000 and Kris 2500. Being in Germany I would just like to get an idea of the end total price paid for a QQ Tekna 1.2 Manual. Buyacar states a final price of 20387 with a savings of 3233 for example - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kris

Post by Kris »

I originally purchased towards middle of April, there was a price increase in May and as said before due to dealer going into liquidation the car was re-ordered via buy a car, at the original quoted price.If you look at price of 1.5 Tekna with Pearlescent White it brings the cost to just over £26K as mine has not had the increase my cost will be just over £21K. The price on the sites now seem to be just over £22K for the car and paintwork. When I went to dealers one offered around £2.5k of list the £0.This is why I went to buy a car. hope this helps.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet