Buy a Car orders

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Cbear

Post by Cbear »

Hi all
Just wondering how many people have placed orders through Buy a Car? And what the responses have been as to delivery dates from ordering?

Mine was May then mid May, mid June and now mid July, but I've never had a specific date. Are other people the same who have ordered from buy a car?

stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

ordered mid January have now been told the autumn, this is for a CVT , was told 12 weeks , then early April then early June the mid July now the autumn steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

They are all built in the same place. I don't think there is a special dealer to go to for a quick delivery. All the orders seem to be moving out. Mine was originally September and now is on back-order with no delivery date given.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
asinrute

Post by asinrute »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"] They are all built in the same place. I don't think there is a special dealer to go to for a quick delivery. All the orders seem to be moving out. Mine was originally September and now is on back-order with no delivery date given.[/QUOTE]

Mine's the same
First ever Nissan and ordered a QQ Tekna 1.6 CVT in Blue Cancelled because of delivery delays
mikeburton1955

Post by mikeburton1955 »

Ordered mine (1.5 gunmetal tekna) on 18th March with mid June delivery, asked for an update mid May and it had slipped to mid July, no explanations. I do feel buyacar could be a little more proactive as I would not have known otherwise. Their system only allows checking every 3 weeks.
Ordered Tekna 1.5 dCi in Gun Metal from Buyacar.co.uk on 18th March, delivery expected mid June
Cbear

Post by Cbear »

Yes they are all made in the same place. Our orders are apparently slotted in with certain dealerships orders. I just can help but feel that the dealerships direct customers are prioritised over Internet orders as they want to satisfy their direct customers before us, and ours get pushed back. I can understand why, but buy a car wil not disclose the dealers that out orders are placed with, otherwise we could ask Nissan directly about the order status. Or is it just me being really negative?!?!
Stevethegreatgolfer

You are probably getting the best price Cbear. You can't expect the best service and priority when you are trading on the edge of the dealer network, you know, guys who invest millions in a bricks and mortar dealership where you go for information and a test drive, before shunning the dealer in favour of a few quid savings.
Kris

Post by Kris »

If a few quid is £2.5k then I am in a different world
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Stevethegreatgolfer

I don't think the difference is that great. A proper negotiation with the dealer got a fair discount on my order. If a broker can give a big discount even after he's made a margin, then there are deals that can be done by individuals with the right approach. The cars all come via a dealer one way or the other.
Kris

Post by Kris »

I said this in another forum but will repeat it, I went to a main dealer for test drive and after this we sat down to sort price and order car. I had done research on price before this so new what I could get. We sat down had the cup of coffee while the salesman did the usual go in the office to sort deal. He came back with first one, full list price plus gap plus super guard and a price for part ex. After presenting this he then gave us deal two, the same with an increased value on my part ex. The deal then full list price plus part ex offer the same as we buy any car We told him what.we could get he went back to office and came back with----- no improvement, we left. Next day went. Second dealer, asked do you discount said he would, gave us a price £2.5 k less than BuyaCar, I told him an even helped him find nationwide cars ( same price as BuyaCar) on the net. He said could not get near it.
So you are right that has been my argument that the brokers buy via the dealers so someone somewhere. Makes a big margin, likely as they say on rebates. Remember if a dealer has to sell so many cars to obtain the rebate they then use this to cut the price to brokers who will place large orders over the year, the dealer will also get the rebate on the cars sold at full price or with some discount enhancing his margin on those sales.
I would have been very happy to place my order with local dealer, I wanted to, but the price meant. Get the car I wanted or drop down the spec.
I will say again though £2.5 k to me is not near the price and to me is not a few pounds saved , it is a lot of money.
I am not trying to say brokers are wonderful but you only have to read some comments on this site as with all things some main dealers are excellent others are poor. I have found saying to dealer you will get the servicing etc. means nothing when buying a car.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet