Changing the Tekna wheel to Ibiscus

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
pj69

Post by pj69 »

I see that the price for the ibiscus alloy is £999.00 and am intrested in upgrading to this wheel when ordereing this weekend. Is the price different if you choose the ibiscus wheel as an upgrade to the standard 19 inch wheel on the Tekna - is it cheaper - not the £999.00 Thanks in advance
1.5dci Tekna Flame Red (64 Plate)

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Suggest you ask the dealer about this, they may be interested in doing a deal and taking the standard wheels in part exchange. Usually it costs you more for a change of wheel spec'n.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Rather interesting that the upgrade to these wheels is a standard £999 right across the range. There must be some difference in value for the displaced wheels with the Tekna ones being worth rather more than simple steel ones. The issue is who gets the replaced wheels if it's the dealer that adds the wheels then yes you certainly have something to negotiate with, before you buy the car!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

If you change the Wheels from the Std Tekna to Ibiscus then normally you have to foot the Bill for the new wheels, but the Std Wheels are technically yours as these are supplied with the QQ in the Price. But the Tyres could be transferred to the Ibiscus Wheels. You could then ask your Dealer for a Trade In price for them which guaranteed he will knock you down on / you could advertise them yourself / or use them for Winter Wheels then you only need Winter Tyres, Valves & the TPMS System. But you still have to take into account the Tyre Fitting , balancing etc.
If you look on Glyn Hopkins Website the Ibiscus Wheels are 236 Pounds each. Whatever way you go 19" Tyres cost ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="DaveBerlin"] or use them for Winter Wheels then you only need Winter Tyres, Valves & the TPMS System. [/QUOTE]
That's an interesting point you mention there Dave regarding Tyre Pressure Minitors on winter wheels, I suppose you would have to have the sensors fitted to the winter wheels even if steel, assuming they are available. Looks like winterising the QQ could turn out pretty expensive to stay within the law.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, you are absolutely correct in your comment especially here as we have to have the two Sets of Wheels or one set M&S by Law. I have been quoted from our Dealer for a set of Winter Wheels (Steel) & Tyres a‚¬720 with Plastics Trims (Agh) still thinking about it !.
I have a Nissan Store Price List (02/14) which states :
Alu-Winter Wheels 215/60R17 #999AL10089BS Complete a‚¬1811
Winter Wheels Steel 215/65R16 98H Semperit #999N10088SE Complete a‚¬1025
Winter Wheels Steel 215/65R16 98H Fulda Kristall Control HP Complete a‚¬1025
I would believe that you need the TPMS Valves to be fitted which again costs you money due to all the Electronics involved - can the Pressure Warning System work without the Valves I think not. I believe it is a closed system so some how you would have to override this system and do you really want that ? Hope this Helps Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

Although my Tekna is due 10/2014 I have already ordered genuine 17' alloy wheels from ebay, which arrived recently. Funny thing that I got a wheels already 4 months before my car ETA. LOLI do plan to put Bridgestone blizzak lm-80 winter tires on, which is like 120euro here for piece.Then when the winter comes I will just swap from Tekna 19isch to the 17.and as for price, I manage to get set of these for 360 UK pounds + shipping, so not a bad if you compare to what Nissan is asking for these. I believe they come by default with Accenta, right?https://s3.amazonaws.com/pushbullet-upl ... 092459.jpg
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)