Got the Call

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

After 14 weeks of waiting my Black 1.6 Tekna is PDi'd and ready for pick-up. Got to wait till next Fri to get her and think it might feel longer than the 14 weeks till then but hey ho.Cant wait!
saltylips2014-05-15 09:42:42

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Brill news :-)
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Pleased for you :)
Nissan no more...
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

Thanks! - Is there somewhere on the forum that details things to look for on inspection?
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

http://www.whatcar.com/images/subscript ... ollect.pdf
Plus there is another list specifically created for QQ on this website but can't seem to find it.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
Andy

Post by Andy »

there is this http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 686.htmlor this http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 1.htmlAlso, I'd pay particular attention to the front of the bonnet, ( I have worked for other car manufactures ) as it's an area were a lot of damage can occur in assembly (people opening and closing the bonnet incorrectly tailgate for the same reason check the gaps between the bodywork are even, to make sure they haven't been twisted also the rear side panels as they tend to get lent on during assembly, and even if it doesn't dent dirty overalls can cause havoc with paintworkthe head-liner these can quite often get damage during fit..give the door seals etc. a quick tug, to make sure they've been rolled also the cockpit area for scratches, it will get fitted quite early on..as it usually has to be in before the engine and can get damaged as it goes down the line the paintwork inside the engine area...can often be damaged from tooling be left to rest there. The paintwork around the lights is also a damage area as is the fuel filler flap, even worth flipping it open and checking both sides as are door sills, people would have been climbing in and out of that car with big heavy boots all day longthe list could be endless, but they tend to be high damage areas.

Andy2014-05-15 15:28:42
1.6d, Tenka, CVT, storm white, order feb, Due 3rd July updated to 26 jun
Chrissya

Post by Chrissya »

Check the paint work on bonnet by drivers wipers as mine was damaged where someone had lifted the wiper up
Chris
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

Fantastic info - love this place
Silbo7

Post by Silbo7 »

Thanks for the great info Andy. Will be picking my 1.2 Tekna up from dealer around midday tomorrow and find this info invaluable for peace of mind. Going to put some pics on gallery to share once collected .