Huge delay !!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Aaaaahhhhh Nissan just called me and the 1.6 CVT Tekna in gun metal grey that I ordered 5th March and should have been ready 15th June (14 weeks delivery time) has been delayed until 19th Sptember!!!! (an extra 14 weeks delivery time added on so total 28 weeks delivery time - 6 and a half months)!!

They have said they have had a cancellation on a pearl black one so I could have that the 5th June but I have never even considered black.

I am very very unimpressed and considering cancelling the order.

Anyone got a CVT ordered the same time as me and got a date for June?
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal

Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Hi Del, yes I ordered on 9th April and given a date of 1st July.I received a call and confirmed today that it is revised to 1st Sept. This is due to 'Xtronic factory delays on parts for the gearbox'. I have rung two local dealers, mine is from a leasing company, and the local dealers haven't heard anything yet. They both sounded genuine, but they were salesmen
Danny Boy
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Hi Dan,

What colour you ordered?

Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Black 1.6 Acenta Premium.
Danny Boy
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

There is a black 1.6 Tekna that will be ready 5th June as that is what they have offered to me today.

I have never waited longer than 12 weeks for any car before. I am feeling fairly disheartened.
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

Hi Del,This is my first new car (other than Company cars) and I am excited however the forecast delay is very disappointing, especially as we now only have my wife's car.I didn't want 4 wheel drive or leather so I went for the Acenta Premium although I am used to heated and electrically adjustable seats and would have liked those.Considering the already long delivery time it may be lucky that you cannot order all the extra features on all models as that may have made the build slower!
Danny Boy
oswmobo

Post by oswmobo »

Sorry to hear about the delay on your car Del73 but maybe every cloud has a silver lining. If Nissan can't build any CVTs for the time being maybe they will switch efforts to building the manual versions and bring forward some of the dates for the rest of us. No comfort for you I know.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Ink Blue.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I ordered a Black Tekna CVT on 26 April, with a projected delivery mid September. That doesn't seem very likely now, especially as I changed it to Gunmetal last week.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

[quote="oswmobo"]Sorry to hear about the delay on your car Del73 but maybe every cloud has a silver lining. If Nissan can't build any CVTs for the time being maybe they will switch efforts to building the manual versions and bring forward some of the dates for the rest of us. No comfort for you I know.[/QUOTE]No comfort for me either - ordered in January.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Steve there is a black 1.6 Tekna CVT going to be ready in June at Arbury Bromsgrove if I don't change to black. What date have you got teknaken? I am very surprised it is being delayed by double the original lead time more than a delay at all. I know that any company failing to supply Nissan and stopping the track is in big trouble and has to pay big time so I guess Nissan just completely misjudged the orders for the CVT and have under forecasted. But 3 and a half months late is a joke in automotive world.