New Qashqai 1.5 dci Teckna Deal

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="pj69"]
buyacar price looks competitive. Just around £1k more than I would want to pay but looks good.Am not too bothered about the wait of 12/14 weeks need it for September at the latest. I have spent some time this weekend looking around on forums/internet and understand that at release customers had received up to £4k discounts[/QUOTE]Indeed, some did and I was probably one of them if I include my Forces discount! To have waited and see which way the wind blows is a chance anyone could have taken so I suspect you will have to pay the price for doing so, pleases me of course!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Sorry if this offends, but I don't think we necessarily want new purchasers getting 17%+ off a new Qashqai. What that equates to for existing owners and expectant owners is a massive hit on the residuals.With the extended leadtimes I would be surprised if those sort of deals are available now anyway. Demand and supply.....
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Dannyqash

Post by Dannyqash »

You can get £4k off a 1.6 tekna if you are prepared to go internet based. I have done a lot of research on this and the deals are still there. When speaking with my local dealer they would drop about £1750 but that was about it. They have large overheads for the sales building etc for attracting you and need to make up for that in the profit. Going internet the overheads for attracting you are not there despite the ordering more often than not ending up with a dealer that may still have the building overheads etc.

I agree that these deals may effect the resale valve for all of us but the way we purchase goods is constantly changing and saving on the new car could make the difference to what you lose on the resale.

You def have to do your homework and speak to your local dealer and internet companies as what it right for one person is no good for the next.
pj69

Post by pj69 »

I have spoken to Nationwide-cars today who are prepared to sell a 1.5 dci tekna with metallic paint for £21571. They have placed a number of these orders they tell me over the last month. This a good price and I will be finalising with them this week. I am gathering research on the company and so far it looks very positive.
1.5dci Tekna Flame Red (64 Plate)
pj69

Post by pj69 »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]Sorry if this offends, but I don't think we necessarily want new purchasers getting 17%+ off a new Qashqai. What that equates to for existing owners and expectant owners is a massive hit on the residuals.With the extended leadtimes I would be surprised if those sort of deals are available now anyway. Demand and supply.....[/QUOTE]
As a customer, you want to achieve the best price possible, especially when paying cash. To talk about residual values is almost pointless as it is down to the way the car is looked after, mileage etc.Have a look at autotrader and look at the varying prices of the outgoing model. Japanese cars by nature depreciate poorly, and at the end of the day traders/dealers are the culprits for dropping prices (through poor PX values)
1.5dci Tekna Flame Red (64 Plate)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="pj69"]I have spoken to Nationwide-cars today who are prepared to sell a 1.5 dci tekna with metallic paint for £21571. They have placed a number of these orders they tell me over the last month. This a good price and I will be finalising with them this week. I am gathering research on the company and so far it looks very positive. [/QUOTE]Interesting if they can still do that.Most deals i've seen recently, even from the brokers, are nowhere near as good as they were a few months ago.That, coupled with the fact Nissan have just increased the vehicle price by about £500 would suggest a better discount than was previously available if they can still do the quoted price.I personally have no qualms with people using brokers to get the best deal if that's what they wish to do.I used the broker prices to negotiate with the local dealer.I knew i wouldn't get as much off but it gave me a clear benchmark of what was available and what i considered was a fair amount for the salesman to make on top.After all he did give me use of a couple of cars for more than an hour in different specs and engine variants as well as not trying to baffle me with too much BS.It's also nice to have a local dealer if anything goes pear shaped.There is also a piece of information in the "nissan recovery" that suggests the vehicle will be recovered to the supplying dealer or the servicing dealer.I wonder what that means in real terms of the cars first year if, for example, the broker supplied car came from glasgow and you lived in hemel hempstead (as an example).It's unlikely the car would have had a service for the majority of users so would they recover the car to glasgow? Wooly language and probably not likely to happen but it wouldn't be fun if that's what they decided should happen.
Nissan no more...
Kris

Post by Kris »

I am purchasing my car via on line broker. I tried to purchase via a local dealer but the price difference was to great, meaning I would not be able to afford it. The dealer who had the model. I arranged with them for a test drive. When done we went in showroom to sort the price, they offered me exactly 0% ,the trade in value for my car was first offer £500 below a number of online we buy any car type dealers, the second price he showed me was again 0% discount with a similar price for my car as the we any car people.

They had also put on gap, a super guard type product and then seemed surprised when I would not sign up. I did go to a further two local dealers who I showed the quote to( one I got to get them to look on the net while I was there) they did a least try but saving to me was still £1.5k to go via broker.

The last car I bought I tried from local dealer ( two miles away) they quoted £1.7k more than via net, they even phoned me up just before my purchase, I gave them my quote to the penny, they came back with an other quote which was still £1k more expensive than the online quote ( not broker) so drove a 100 miles to pick up new car. On the note of service and recalls, each time when negotiating the price I put in that they will get the servicing, it does not make a jot of difference to there offer, they do not want to know. The proof was my last car, I had all serving and any warranty work plus a couple of re calls done at the dealer down the road, they could not have been nicer.

I understand Everyone has to make a profit, I have been in sales for many years and when I quote for something I try my best to give a good price, be honest and fair, I do not win all the quotes, sometimes they are lost to a much better price that is the way it goes. So would I like to place my order in a local dealer, you bet I would personal service is great, but when it means paying £2k more or not being able to afford the car then I make the decision best for me.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet