Still waiting - 1.6 Tekna on order

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi

I ordered a white 1.6dci Tekna beginning of Feb and ETA end of May is fast approaching, though I'm yet to hear anything since I parted with the deposit.

Been keeping a keen eye on this forum ever since and thought I'd step out from the shadows so to speak! I've come from a Mazda 3 Sport 2.2 diesel so quite nervous about the quality of the 1.6 as I've read many contradicting reports on it (on top of having to adapt to the more family friendly/sensible vehicle). I only managed to test drive the 1.5 but wanted a bit more oomph! The Mazda engines are quite special so not expecting it to be as refined, but just hope it doesn't wake the street and register on the nearest Richter scale every time it fires into life!

In the meantime (as I prematurely sold my Mazda before I found out about those wait times!) I'm driving a 12yr old Honda CRV so hopefully I'll appreciate the car a little more when it finally arrives...
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD

bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

I ordered my 1.6 tekna 4x4 end of jan and am collecting it on thu hopefully yours will b very soon
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Adrian it must be soon time to chase the dealers up mate, My car was ordered around same time but i didnt go for 1.6The 1.6 owners all seem to sing very highly of the engine, ive only seen negative remarks from car reviewers and Chris Evans mate, anyone owning them have been very positiveWe got a member who thinks the old Honda CRV is the best thing even now who will disagrea the nissan is a great car but plenty of members who will adamantly argue the pointTheres a big diffrence in all 2014 engines compared with 2013 mate not sure why but new regulations came out recently and the engines seem more balanced
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Thanks - think i'll drop an email tomorrow and give them a nudge then.Good to hear 1.6 owners are generally a happy bunch - I do take reviews with a pinch of salt - it's those that live with the car I'll listen too, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I did read somewhere that Nissan were further tweaking the 1.6 prior to the 2014 QQ launch to try and improve refinement and I wondered if they were shifting some older units with the new - hence the contradicting reviews (though I'm sure it's just personal opinion at play in reality).Re the CRV - even though it's getting on a bit (I daren't even try the sat nav!) - I'll admit it's built like a tank! So I can see that it'll have its fans, however, this one's a 2.0 petrol auto - and if I didn't know otherwise would swear the fuel went in to the tank and straight out on to the road! It's costing me a fortune! The diesel can't come soon enough!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol they dont make cars like they used to any manufacture will admit to thatits all about saving wieght and the enviroment they sayThat must be the reason why they sell you things as extras that should realy already be on the car and charge you the earth to discourage you lolLook forward to reading your review mate, as you say its the owners that matter not people re writing PR material
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Hi Guys - new to the Forum! Ordered a Tekna 1.6 4x4 22 Feb and was promised delivery end of May.Repeated calls to dealership for update/confirmation but never any returned call. Getting annoyed now. Feel like a great product is badly let down by poor service from dealers. Nissan needs to sort this out as the shine of my new purchase is beginning to wear off
Johnnie Q
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well this won't help but I got an email straight back saying Nissan have said the car will be delivered 30th, so should get the car a week after. A week later than originally estimated but could be worse.

Sounds like you've got unlucky with your dealer - might be worth a call to Nissan cust services or pop in in person to the dealer and they can't hide. Of course it may also simply be an incompetent receptionist if you haven't spoken with your sales chap directly - had that pain with a dealer once.

My nearest Nissan dealer is also useless (didn't order from them). So I'll have to find another to service it.
Danny Boy

Post by Danny Boy »

I ordered my 1.6 Premium Auto in April and was given a date of 1st July. I received a call on Friday 9th May saying that the factory making the xtronic gearbox was delayed in producing them and my new delivery date is September 1st.This is my first new car and to say I am very disappointed is an understatement. Has anyone information on what is happenenig. Is it a manufacturing/supply issue or is there a problem with the gearbox?
Danny Boy
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Delivery date now set for 3rd June. Couple of weeks later than estimated but could be worse.

No idea on the Xtronic gearboxes I'm afraid. Mine is a manual.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is a note I put on "Huge Delay" last week !

So let me just throw another Spanner in the Works. I have just got back from our Nissan Dealer checked again the Nissan Spread Sheet QQ Tekna has not moved still stated as Aug 20th. But I was asked if I wanted a Tekna with 17" Wheels and a a‚¬500 rebate - answer immediately NO !. Apparently there is a delivery delay of the 19" Wheels due to the High Volume of Orders. Perhaps the Nissan Guys could confirm this ? - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken