Colour Change

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Durrobotdave

Post by Durrobotdave »

[quote="Durrobotdave"] [quote="duncho"] I have also changed my color I previously ordered (KAD to KY0) and it has even speed up the delivery for about 2 weeks. I guess they spray the cars in batches which would make sense why is it so.[/QUOTE]
Yeah we spray in batches building 60 cars a hour is fast in the paint shop but they don't get trimmed in that way it goes by model in trim 6 LHD tekna a 2RHD Teknas nd so on for each model
[/QUOTE]
KAD to KYO by the way would not speed up your order

Andy

Post by Andy »

yes I think that's smiler to most car factories today, Cowley sprays in batches but assembles by order no..With a few restrictions, to make sure the build doesn't put too much pressure on individual associates.
1.6d, Tenka, CVT, storm white, order feb, Due 3rd July updated to 26 jun
Durrobotdave

Post by Durrobotdave »

[quote="Andy"] yes I think that's A smiler to most car factories A today, A Cowley sprays in batches but assembles by order no..With a few restrictions, to make sure the build doesn't put too much pressure on individual associates. A A [/QUOTE]
Yeah but nissan sunderland plant is the most productive plant in the world where others can only build 30 cars a hour we double that 1 min per station cycle time 60 QQ's a hour 420 per shift
Andy

Post by Andy »

I couldn't tell you about all the plants, but when I left, Cowley was was building 54 hour, the last time they built 30 cars ph must have been about 10 years ago, and I know they've upped the line speed at least once since I retired over a year and a half ago, no mean Task considering they build the coupA©, convertable, clubman, roadster, and hatchback all down the same line especially when you consider they are introducing new model versions simultaneously and have a two tone paint scheme. so it may not be as unusual as you think, but I digress and must remember I don't work for bmw any more, I'm a Nissan owner now..or will be when it arrives

Andy2014-05-17 20:54:25
1.6d, Tenka, CVT, storm white, order feb, Due 3rd July updated to 26 jun
Keith836

Post by Keith836 »

Hi Dave, Did Nissan charge you to change the colour and how soon before the estimated delivery date did you do it? Thanks, Keith
sunnydelightimy

Post by sunnydelightimy »

trust me mate...go for the magnetic ink blue.....( i too am biased)check the pics of mine in the gallery on this forum.
Regards

Imy
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Nissan have good taste for Storm white they even put it in there own commercial
Storm white all the way simply stunning
alboy83

Post by alboy83 »

Ink blue all the way ?Y‘? haha!! Is nice in white, was going to get it in that colour but wanted a change.